Page 2 of 7 (94 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 93 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 7:28 AM

Kris, Pigma pens are permanent ink. What about the lines on the finished product?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 7:36 AM

I have been using these pens for over a year,and I have no problem with them,first why would I put my fabric in the freezer,? I sure don't want them cold. LOL  Second I don't press the ink hard enough when I mark ,I 'm sorry but I have not had a problem with the ink coming back. I love these pens and will continue to use them without fear.  I even used on my white whole coth quilt . 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 7:40 AM

I hadn't had any problem with them either, until recently,   then I used them on some applique and when I pressed the marks turned white and will not wash out.  so I will stop using them

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 7:46 AM

Thanks for sharing. I will check before I. Probably  mark, iron and wash first a scrap to see how it will react.  I think like you zbarbara, I mark very lightly, and try to wash the finished quilt as soon as I'm done.  I have used it before and haven't had problems.  I just mark what I need to. 

PI like the information and helps me make a good decision regarding this pen.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,346
Points 241,972
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 11:16 AM

Okay - I am not sure why the big whooo hah over these pens... yes there is a warning not to have them in extreme temperatures so why would you - you just have to find out what happens - so you tested them and didn't like what happened when you did that - oh my - that is exactly what the package says is supposed to happen... 

So if you use them correctly you don't have a problem.  I have used them for many many of my embroidery projects and no there is no echo or ghost of anything after I have heated it to get rid of the ink - it disappeared just like it was supposed to - I have washed these quilts many times and the ink did not come back...

I like them much better then using the pencil lead that I used to use to mark my fabrics - and I don't have to worry that the "purple" disappearing ink gets hot and is set up on the fabric anymore as I don't use that type pen at all anymore - they went in the trash... 

These pens stay on the fabric till I heat it and remove it - I don't have to keep remarking my fabric over and over unless i press the area - then I have to remark it... but I think they are wonderful and no they weren't made for quilting to begin with but neither was the rotary cutter - and we absolutely love that now...

I am really not sure why you would put a quilt in the freezer - or fabric in the freezer - well maybe you are going to use the quilt in an Igloo and just have to test that... but I have them in every color of the rainbow and use them for marking my quilting designs on the fabric for my quilting... I would just like them to make one with white ink and then I would be able to mark my dark fabrics...

I give them a big thumbs up and believe me I have used and used them without a single problem and I do use them a lot...

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 11:19 AM

Thea

I use mine all the time too.  I agree ...  my quilts won't be going into the freezer and if we are having the extreme high temps I won't be using a quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 11:27 AM

Well I don't really think anyone was having a big wooohah, we were just telling of personal experiences with them, like me I now have white makes on some leaves I can't remove.  sorry I thought we could discuss our opinions of items.     I have used them alot also, this is the first time I have had a problem, sorry

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Good to know, thank you for sharing. I don't believe I will be using these...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 11:50 AM

I have used these pens for multiple things and, I absolutely love them. I like that I can iron the markings away. I have never had an issue with ghost markings and, I too don't think I will ever be freezing my quilts or the other things that I have used them on. I know that when I first tried them on a scrap fabric I played with the freezing and the ironing. I did notice that I was able to rinse the ink out with cold water and it didn't come back when it was frozen.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 11:51 AM

Leslie :

Well I don't really think anyone was having a big wooohah, we were just telling of personal experiences with them, like me I now have white makes on some leaves I can't remove.  sorry I thought we could discuss our opinions of items.     I have used them alot also, this is the first time I have had a problem, sorry

Ah, hmmm, Leslie, I am rubbing off on you, huh?  See, everyone has an opinion. We must accept that and not take it as a PERSONAL AFFRONT!!!! UNLESS YOU ARE ME...and Leslie! ROFLOL!

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 12:01 PM

Thea:
I would just like them to make one with white ink and then I would be able to mark my dark fabrics...

I don't usually get into discussions as I lurk more than I comment...but I have to say I love my Frixion pens and will continue to use them. I have seen ghost marks after ironing but after washing and drying those have disappeared.  I also use the washable Crayola skinny markers.  As far as dark fabrics are concerned, Clover makes a wonderful iron off white pen (item 517). It is expensive and takes some time to dry and set up but I really love that too.  Each to their own, we all love to quilt.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 25
Points 520
Beverly replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 12:14 PM

I love these pens.  One of my favorite quilting room tools! I use them all the time, for HST, centering embroidery machine designs, etc. Just try to be careful if I'm using them on something that I'm sending "north", where they may be exposed to cold temps. But here in Florida, I don't worry about it. I'll continue to use them.

54490-395-793ED8045007A07D3F6D2F5D10215A6A

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 12:17 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Ah, hmmm, Leslie, I am rubbing off on you, huh?  See, everyone has an opinion. We must accept that and not take it as a PERSONAL AFFRONT!!!! UNLESS YOU ARE ME...and Leslie! ROFLOL!

ROFLOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 1:26 PM

one bad report, will sway me not to use these pens over thousands of good ones.  i will not take the chance on the ink coming back.   if there is a ghost that returns, the chemical in that ink is there whether you can see it or not and who knows how it will react over time.   my back bedroom gets pretty close to freezing and i don't keep the heat on in the sewing room, so it gets pretty close to freezing, too.  

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 1:27 PM

oh my, if leslie and sukochi are teaming up, who knows what they will come up with.  watch out everyone. 

gini in north idaho

Page 2 of 7 (94 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use