rated by 0 users
This post has 110 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 10:21 PM

Quiltless:
It's like watching National Geographic in my own yard.

What a beautiful home and amazing property!  You are going to have such a wonderful time in your new sewing suite enjoying your hobby while enjoying the views of nature!  Can we have a quilt retreat at your house?  :-)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,753
Points 54,290
Ginny replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 7:33 AM

Quiltless,  I am in awe of your new home and the outstanding experience of all the wildlife you are able to experience right from your window.   Congratulations on your fabulous find and how you are turning it into truly yours.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,760
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 8:58 AM

What the address and when what time do I need to be there to see all the water activiy? Mostly, the sea lions on your beach?

I have a question. Are you in a flood area? I would thik so being this close to the water? Wouldn't the house be threatened? Sorry for the dismal quesiton but y'all know my mind. Worst case scenerio first.  That said, I sure would live there.

Please post pics again when this dream becomes the total package and this studio is up and running. And, watch out. Quilters are attracted to such places for retreats. Build it and we will come!!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,445
Points 127,669

Judy:
My sewing table is a tempered glass L-shaped desk found at office stores. The glass top makes a small area seem bigger. I have my serger off to the side and when I want to use it I simply roll out the plastic carts that are handy storage bins.

Judy:
So…my home office converted to a sewing room is pretty cool.

Judy, your sewing space is great, I really like your sewing table, great job in creating your own space.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,445
Points 127,669

Candis, your sewing space is wonderful. You have so much room and light...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,445
Points 127,669

Barbara, I like your sewing area, mine gets well loved like yours LOL   Although, at the moment, I don't have an area :( 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,445
Points 127,669

Sue, your area is way too neat LOL You just wait, before long, you will have stash in every nook and cranny LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,445
Points 127,669

What a great space Marie. It looks like you have lots of room and I like the wood floors, I'm picking pins out of the carpet all the time LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,445
Points 127,669

Star:
So, attached are pictures of my space, sorry, I did not take the time to clean first.

Love your space Star. If this is messy, your messy is cleaner than my clean space LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,445
Points 127,669

Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine:
My hubby likes me to be with him to watch TV and I told him I have a lot of "baggage" if he wants me in the same room. ROTFLMAO

That is so sweet that he wants you near. It does not look as though he minds the baggage, he looks quite comfy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,445
Points 127,669

Quiltless, your new sewing space looks like it is going to be fabulous and your view is beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing your space after you move in all your toys.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,445
Points 127,669

I had missed this thread for some reason, at least after everyone started posting pics of their sewing spaces. I hope I did not miss anyone. I will try and post a pic of my temporary sewing space if I ever get it together. Before my daughter and her 3 boys moved in I was pretty much spread out all over the house. I had a bedroom that my sewing machine was in and still is - we used it for an extra BR when the kids came for a couple of days, but now it is a more permanent situation so I cannot get to my sewing area. My other BR was my cutting area and I took that all down for the boys to have a room and I have my FQ and frame in the living room. That is moved back tighter to the wall so there would be more room for them to play. I'm working on carving out an area in my BR to set up a temporary sewing space. Wish me luck :)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 387
Points 7,355

Wishing you luck. Its great that you sacrificed your sewing area(s) for the family. I get a little (well maybe more than a little) cranky if I can't quilt.

Denise Smart

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,409
Points 133,660

Spudgrandma:
I'm working on carving out an area in my BR to set up a temporary sewing space. Wish me luck :)
+

Spud. You are a lovely person for taking in four people and giving up your sewing space. I suppose I would do the same if it were family that needed me. Well, on second thought......there would always be the garage. For the family, not my sewing! LOL

But, seriously Spud. I do hope it works out for all of you but especially for you. 

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,445
Points 127,669

Denise Smart:
I get a little (well maybe more than a little) cranky if I can't quilt.

Me too and after almost 2 years of not being able to its a bit harder to keep smiling. I am thankful that we have the room and are able to help them get back on their feet.

Page 7 of 8 (111 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use