rated by 0 users
This post has 110 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 12:40 PM

Judy

Great set up.  Looks really functional.  Thanks for sharing.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 1:51 PM

Judy I posted pics of my new sewing table, on my previous post as well as my area. thank you for the best idea!!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

I cannot wait to show Michael your spread, Barbara, He told me last June to keep my stuff. (The Necchi and a serger) out of his den.. HIS DEN? Anyway, Saturday I organized a hall closet so I can now walk into it, the bins were covered with other stuff, batting and fleece, most now on the shelf above. So this is fun today to share the pic, as I was going to post, I decided to take new photos of all my sewing stuff for the Ins. Company. I do this once a year to update just in case I ever have a need to call them. ALL our real money is here.
Save your photos in an insurance folder and back them somewhere.
Candis, your room is a wonderful space very much what most of us would love to have to create beautiful things. I especially love where your natural light shows to the long arm machine, and I like the Judy desk in the position you can see your whole room. great addition.  My room gets a workout even though it is small and compact, at least I do have a designated space I love it. I keep it somewhat organized, because of the tiny space and for me that is a good thing. After each project, I vacuum and clear out those fabrics so that I can get to a new job.
Sukochi, I have the same problem on my surface, a ceiling fan with 4 lights I use reveal bulbs to cut down some glare and I have a small ott light on the cutting mat to redirect the light. I hate the glare hope someone has a good solution to that problem.  

OK so here are my new pics

Last but not least my peg wall  & the DEN machines.

the closet in the sewing room is full of ultra suede, vintage chenille and all types of interfacing for totes, purses, fashion sewing etc.

replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 2:58 PM

I love seeing every ones areas!  It motivated me to move mine around this weekend, and clean up a little.  I am in the process of moving all my fabrics to a back bedroom closet, we are putting shelves in, like to keep it al away from light.  Not enough room in the front closet.   I like your idea Caryl Ann, for insurance purposes.  My front room is also where the money is! And my sanity!!   If I didn't have this are, and quilting to do, I would go nuts!  I wonder now how I ever coped with out it?   Barbara, you look like you have made good use out of your spaces. Sukochi you have a lot of room.  I have the opposite problem, not enough light.the builders put 1 light in and it was a chandelier we took it down.  I have a lot of ott lights, I want an idea for a ceiling light. But in my other house we had track lighting and it cast shadows on everything.  I couldn't see the lines on the ruler.  So I wish I knew a great solution for us all.  Hope others post their ideas. I get good ideas from everyone!  Like the unused desk I had,  thanks to Judy it is working great!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 580
Sue replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 10:38 AM

Here is my area.  It is in my bedroom.  I just started learning to sew, so I do not have a lot of equipment or fabric.  What fabric I do have, I store in the chest.  Fabric that I have cut into the pieces are in the black containers behind the sewing machine.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 10:44 AM

Barbara:
I've been busy this week things are a little messy.LOL  

I love, love, love your mess, Barbara!  I see it, I see it, my quilt!  Can't wait to get it!  I'm sooo excited!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 11:15 AM

Marie:
 I see it, I see it, my quilt!  Can't wait to get it!  I'm sooo excited!

I thought that might be your quilt!  Looks gorgeous Marie, you have every reason to be excited!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 11:25 AM

Marie ,all I have left to do is sew the binding down and it will be finished , I need to was it as it has chalk on it so once that is all done I'll be shipping it back ,should be out to this week .I do hope you will like it ,You do remember I'm a beginner LOL  . I like how it has come out though Thea says it looks wonderful .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 11:28 AM

Sue , you have a nice sewing area ,give it time and it will look like my mess LOL  Mine when I started was nice and neat like yours LOL  didn't  stay that way long .. I do have an organized mess though I know where everylthing is . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 11:38 AM

Candis, you are so lucky to have such a big room, mine is 9'x10'.  I know someone could arrange it better than I but I feel so restricted and can not work in it if it's a mess.  HELP!!!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 11:53 AM

Marie, so bright and sunny. What aboutt an L-shaped table in that corner with the "L" going toward where your cutting table is now. Put the cutting space on the end of the "L". Would that work? You could put shelves under the "L" also for more storage.. I have hung all my thread, rotary cutters and rulers from nails on the wall. Works great and frees up space.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 11:54 AM

Maybe I should explain..........The first pic was taken from the doorway, then I moved to the left to the closet area, then the door, then the inside wall.  Hope someone could rearrange so I don't feel so confined.  The only other thing that I don't have in that room is Dianes cabinet that she had one of her sewing machines on and the jumbo roll of batting next to my bed.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 12:01 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Marie, so bright and sunny. What aboutt an L-shaped table in that corner with the "L" going toward where your cutting table is now. Put the cutting space on the end of the "L". Would that work? You could put shelves under the "L" also for more storage.. I have hung all my thread, rotary cutters and rulers from nails on the wall. Works great and frees up space.

Thanks Sukochi, I'll try that and let you know how it worked out.

Millbury, MA

replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 12:35 PM

Marie, I didn't always have this space. I worked very hard for it.  I started off in a two bed apt.  Not even 8 by 10.    But 1 think maybe , I couldn't stand to face a wall or window,  what would happen if you turn the desk around with the sun at your back,  you facing the room. To me it isn't so isolating. You can still make the L shape.  That way if you are working on a piece it can drape over the table, or you can add a table in front to hold the piece.   It may feel more spacious.  Believe me if we entertained I would be in one of my back bedrooms again.   I just decided since its our mortgage and we don't really use the big formal arrea, that by gosh I was gonna enjoy it.  It's mine and I will make it what I want to, so basically I gave myself permission to take over the space.  It is still a work in progress. We bought those cabinets at a garage sell, and made it into a cutting table, the doors open and I have some of my fabric stored there.   Anyway my spouse got a peg board for Home Depot, it's cheap and mounted it with peg board hangers to the wall, to hang rulers from and quilt stencils.  On my wall for design is sound board, I covered it with a twin sheet of white flannel . Got a cheap one from target.  I also went to Big Lots and got plastic sweater cubbies that hang from the rod, in the closet, I put some of my fabric in there too.  So It's not everywhere in my room.   Just a few cheap ideas for organizing.  I love the light you have.    

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 16
Points 580
Sue replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 12:57 PM

you sure do have plenty of fabric.  Bet that took a bit to collect.

Page 2 of 8 (111 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use