Page 1 of 3 (37 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 36 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara Posted: Fri, Dec 21 2012 7:50 AM

HI all well we made it to the last day of the Mayan calender ,and we are still here . Thea and I tried to say up till midnight to see what would happen ,but for some reason we lost our Skype connection and after waitng all day we still had to do it alone ..LOL    .I did make it to midnight achy and all after sewing all day , My poor old shoulders and neck were achy.

What did you do to face "The END OF The WOrld"  ????

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 709
Points 13,830

After my 4th day of baking Christmas cookies all day, then wrapping some presents, I went to bed and slept right through the end of the world. Guess I missed it!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 8:08 AM

Carol, Not really I didn't see anything spectacular happening after midnight ,At least not here in Missouri ..LOL  BUt ......then the day is not over yet...

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,508
Points 30,675
Diana replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 8:30 AM

I slept right thru it myself.  Went to bed at 11:30 and was sound asleep by midnight.  Woke at 5 a.m. so I guess I made it.  lol   Nothing different here except for a few of those white fluffy things falling from the sky and windy as well.  But I don't think that counts as the end of the world since today is the first day of winter and this is our first snow of the season.  They are talking maybe 1/4 inch of the stuff.....does that count??   Everyone have a great day.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 8:40 AM

Diana, sure a 1/4 in counts its still snow .LOL   Glad you made it thru the "" big end"" LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 8:43 AM

Diana, wanted to give you my skype name    barbara.rickman1.  Any time o'm not on with Thea LOL you can  call me... Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 8:52 AM

Ladies. hate to burst your bubble, but TODAY the end comes, not yesterday. They were just talking about it on the news. Our neighbor said that, in Walmart yesterday, everyone was talking about it. And buying out the store. Strange since you can't take it with you. He, also, said that there would be mass looting. Well, won't the looters be gone too? What a joke.

Sinsus clear. Still have a heavy chest, though.

Going to do our last run for Christmas, and food stuff today. Hope I get through it.

Have a Christmas-y quilty day.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 8:59 AM

Sukochi,I know its today ,We were just gonna be up so when the new day started we could see what happen. LOL  Well so far nothing has happened. but the day is not over yet ..LOL   and with all the planets in alignment with the center of the universe.we have not got sucked into the black hole yet either.   Now I'm not sure if that s good or bad, but it makes me wonder if all those pre-planners who spent thousand of dollars on bunkers  wasted their money. Oh we we haven't had any zombie attacks either..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:05 AM

Well other than the wind blowing like crazy and it being cold as the blazes with a few flurries I don't see much different about today.  I was awake at midnight and didn't notice any cosmic changes....LOL>    Just have to wait until midnight tonight.....hang on everyone.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:09 AM

Jim said to our neighbor that the Mayans were not done with the calander cause they were written on rocks and they ran out of rocks. Neighbor just scratched his head. Scary!! I told him that God will be in control of when I go to heaven and Mayans. He said well, wouldn't God have to do this for the Mayans?  How he got out of school, who knows?

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:11 AM

did any of you watch the show on the History channel last night with Brad  Meltzer about the all those people who were getting ready for the end of the world ? it was really kinda informative.  some of those folks had some interesting bunkers and some were just luxurious ,if you want ed to spend 50,000.00 to get a spot,it was 30 thousand for each child.  .And they said they were booked solid .I can't even imagine spending that kinda of money.And more so if the plant is really gonna be that kind of mess,would I even want to be around?    

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:31 AM

I saw part of that while my DH was channel surfing and decided that if this was the end I would rather go out with the masses. Who knows you might not like the people in your 50,000.00 after a few days and then what would you do? How would we quilt?   lol

from TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 9:35 AM

Bev I so agree with you on that , the guy said if they had any trouble makers they would throw them out , not that would really Pi** me off if I'd spent that kinda of money to be thrown out . LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
If this is the end then can I open all my Christmas gifts today?

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 21 2012 10:13 AM

Mel ,sure I won't tell ..LOL 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 1 of 3 (37 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use