Top 10 Posters

Video "How To Add a Square End Quilt Binding". Sew Easy.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 110
Joan Bassett Posted: Wed, Dec 19 2012 1:30 PM

Sharing my new video. Try something easy and quick. Adding a square end binding to your quilt. Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pndIO3qM2GQ

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 517
Points 10,500

Joan,

I wanted to take a look at your video to see what it's about but it won't play for me. I don't know if it's due to my laptop, my firewall settings, or the video. Do you have any idea? It gets as far as "Ready" and then nothing happens.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

It worked for me Carol. Try this link and see if it makes a difference... End Quilt Binding

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Oops, I spaced it and forgot to say...HI Joan it is nice to meet you!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 1:58 PM

hi joan, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 110

Carol it's not your system. The video did not download. I'm working on it. Thanks for letting me know.

Joan

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Ah I figured out why it played for me, I told it to open in a new window. I'm not totally sure, but I don't think you can imbed a video on this site, you can link to it but not play it here.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 110

The link for the video "How To Add a Squre End Quilt Binding" is now working. Thanks everybody for the warm welcome.

Joan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 3:19 PM

Hi Joan,

Just watched it, it was great. can't wait to try it.  I would like to see a finished corner, though to see how the seam lines up.  Is that possible?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,815
Points 352,337
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 12:22 AM

Thanks for sharing Joan.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 110

Hi Annie,

Here's a picture. I had a heck of a time trying to download it. Hope it works. The top and bottom bindings are the first added and turned to the back. Then the remaining two sides were added and folded to the back which covered the raw edges of the first binding. It's so much easier to understand if you try it. You might start by fussy cutting a sqaure from a novelty print, layer it with batting and a backing, quilt the layers together, trim to square it up and add a binding to it using my demo method. If you try it let me know how you did or what you think of it.

Joan

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 1:22 PM

Thank you for the picture, I will definitely try it on the next mug rug I make.  And I will let you know how it urns out.

Thanks for sharing

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use