Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 202
Points 5,090
Angel Posted: Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:24 PM

Any one have one of these? I am really really close to buying one...I want to know if there are any things that will rationalize my thinking....I have the..." shiny object... must have"  thing going on right now

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,315
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:49 PM

Angel

All I can say is WOW.  Awesome machine. How much?  The Baby Lock site doesn't give prices.  But is an exceptional machine.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 202
Points 5,090
Angel replied on Tue, Jan 19 2010 6:56 PM

LOL you should try sewing on the thing. It's NICE. My friends neighbor traded in a few machines, so Im not sure of the "real " price. This is the first one I have been willing to shell that kind of cash out. I would assume its comparable to a Bernina price. Im sold...I just have to either see if any one has a sale.... or a demo model maybe? I can't imagine any one ever wanting to get rid of this machine. I heard one price of about 6000. Dont know. Im willing to throw in my oven and the dishwasher as a trade in : )

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,315
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 19 2010 7:43 PM

Oh Angel that is so funny.  Wonder if they would take a tv as well....hmmm may have to go to the attic....LOL.  But a $6000 price tag really isn't that bad.  They have a Husqvarna/Viking with comparable features and it sells at about $12000,

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,914
Points 420,634
gini replied on Tue, Jan 19 2010 8:07 PM

angel, i have the viking/husqvarna machine with the same features.   the only thing i recommend, because i think all of the top of the line machines from the leading manufacturers are great machines.   make sure you have a dealer close and if you have an option on dealers, interview them and get recommendations.   your dealer is going to be your best friend for a while.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,315
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 19 2010 8:24 PM

Gini

I so agree.  Which really limits my choices.  The only dealer I have in town right now is Janome.  But if I am willing to drive 1hr I can go with Husgvarna/Viking or Baby Lock and Bernina.  Of course the hour drive really isn't bad and we go to that city fairly fequently anyway.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,914
Points 420,634
gini replied on Tue, Jan 19 2010 8:30 PM

i get to spokane, maybe once a month if that,  it is an hour and a half trip.   that's two trips in a two week period and that is a pain.   i must be turning into a hermit. i used to go shopping all the time when we lived in seattle.  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,914
Points 420,634
gini replied on Tue, Jan 19 2010 8:32 PM

you know, what i didn't say angel, is you will absolutely fall in love with your new machine,  if you haven't already.    they are wonderful and i don't know how i lived without one.    go for it    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,315
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 19 2010 8:33 PM

Gini

I have to go to Charlottesville at least twice a year for my rheumatologist appts.  And there are lots of good LQSs and DSM dealers there.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,694
Points 141,583
Stephanie replied on Tue, Jan 19 2010 9:55 PM

Angel, All I can say is wow!  Did you see all the stitches, designs, and eighteen presser feet . I love my older  viking, but they don't offer nearly the package that this machine has and a lot pricier. I'd say Go for it. But, do make sure you have support for this because you'll run into things, minor adjustments here and there and just someone to help with the little things mean a lot. Keep us posted...   

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 202
Points 5,090
Angel replied on Tue, Jan 19 2010 11:05 PM

I just checked my email.....I asked about a price its closer to 8000 with a nice package. I am lucky to have 2 different dealers of Baby lock near by. I am thinking, I might want to hold off till March. I need to go and check if Babylock will be at the AQS show in Lancaster PA. Hmmm . But I dont want to wait I want it now now now. Unless someone tells me there is a drastic flaw wit hthe machine..I am buying it. Whether it be now or in March.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,914
Points 420,634
gini replied on Tue, Jan 19 2010 11:09 PM

angel, sometimes you can get really good deals at the big shows.  it might be a good idea to wait;.     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,315
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 19 2010 11:17 PM

Angel

I am pretty sure that I saw were Baby Lock is going to be at the Lancaster Show.  It may be a good idea to wait until then because they do sometimes have really good deals at the big shows.  I think it is awesome that you are getting this machine.  I would probably have a hard time waiting but maybe you could save enough to be a whole bunch of fabrics and threads to go with it at the show.......

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,315
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 19 2010 11:17 PM

Angel

I am pretty sure that I saw were Baby Lock is going to be at the Lancaster Show.  It may be a good idea to wait until then because they do sometimes have really good deals at the big shows.  I think it is awesome that you are getting this machine.  I would probably have a hard time waiting but maybe you could save enough to be a whole bunch of fabrics and threads to go with it at the show.......

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 14,338
Points 249,962
Thea replied on Wed, Jan 20 2010 12:48 AM

I saw the latest Janome at the quilt market(not show) that I went to and it was a great machine!  I have always liked Janome and if I was in the market - i think that is what I would seriously be looking at.  $6000 is a great price... the new Bernina is 13,000 and the Viking and Pfaff are running aroud 8000.

Page 1 of 2 (25 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.