Snow Scenes

Page 13 of 22 (326 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 325 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
I love the snow pictures and would love for some of the white stuff would visit us. It sounds like we may get some over the weekend, but chances are nothing like some of you have gotten. We measure inches or less. :-P

MelodyP

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 26,422
Points 389,802
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:23 PM

Spudgrandma:
Out the door yesterday, it looks pretty much the same today brrrrr.

What a great view Spud. Nice photo.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 86,340
Sukochi replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:32 PM

I don;t think we will even have more winter. By Saturday it will be 72!! My March flowers, (Daffodils to you northerners), are coming up.  So, looks lie t-shirt, shorts and flip flops on the weekend. Rats. What do I have to do to get SNOW??? Do the Indians have a dance for snow?

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,225
Points 41,065
Donna B replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:34 PM

Jacey, looks like you had about the same amount of snow as us this morning, but...it has been snowing heavily here all day. (We were at 10" of new at 1:00 pm.)  

I bet you have been getting more snow from this storm too!  (Great wood pile!)

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,225
Points 41,065
Donna B replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:36 PM

Sukochi, be careful what you wish for...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 86,340
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 7:55 AM

Donna B. there hasn't been a blizzard here in 15 years.  Since before wwe moved up here.  It snowed two years ago and we were stuck becuase of ice and the steep hill, on our raod, between us and the main road to town.  We tried one time and couldn't even get close to town. Had it been eariler in the day, we would have ended up leavining our car at the neighbor's at the bottom of the hill and having to walk up.

I know I should watch what I wish for, but would still love snowin the wodds, only. Think I could put in an order for that with God?

Today, and this is at 8:52 a.m., we have 50 degrees and a slight misty rain.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,225
Points 41,065
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 6:50 PM

More snow pictures from Washington State!

Our snow storm is over, the sun came out and Wednesday was a beautiful day here in the Methow Valley with 12-15 inches of fresh powder snow on top of the 30 or so we already had!  We warmed up considerably today (to about 33 degrees), but will be plummeting to around 12 degrees tonight.  Here are a few pictures in the sunshine (after the storm):

Looking in this direction SE, everyone give a wave to Marge P (about 15 miles down valley) and to Patti (about 50 miles and on the other side of those distant mountains)!  (You can see a section of our road coming up the hill...about in the center of the picture...which we had to walk up yesterday - before it was plowed.)

This picture is looking NW toward the Cascades Mountains and Judy T is on the other side in Bellingham, WA.  Give her a wave too!!!

(The lumps in the snow are sagebrush and bitterbrush.  The valley fog is due to the "warm" temps today.)

This is our driveway after the first snowplow pass.  Plow-guy made one pass on the road and driveways today (enough for us to have access) and will return tomorrow to widen and smooth everything out.  He is treated very well by his customers!!!  

Nice picture of our house in the late afternoon sun:

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,235

Winthrop is sorta close to my old hometown of Entiat, Washington. Beautiful pictures.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,805
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 6:53 PM

Donna

These are gorgeous pics.  The view is amazing.  Thanks for sharing.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,225
Points 41,065
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 6:59 PM

ti2xguer:

Winthrop is sorta close to my old hometown of Entiat, Washington. Beautiful pictures.

Thanks Ti2xguer, I know where Entiat is!  We drive through there frequently on the way to Wenatchee!

Welcome to QCA, I hope you will join in often.  This is a great group of people!!!

I see you are in Spirit Lake, ID now...do you know Jacy who is a QCA regular?  

Also, check out the thread on the Leavenworth Retreat in April....there are openings, it is inexpensive and great fun.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,225
Points 41,065
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 7:00 PM

Thanks Nana,  a day like today is why we moved here!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 86,340
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 7:38 PM

Donna, you say your house is there? All I see is a white airplane.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,225
Points 41,065
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 7:58 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Donna, you say your house is there? All I see is a white airplane.

Sukochi, when did you say your optical appointment was???  I thought DH had that scheduled before Christmas...ROFLOL!

Look again, it's snow on the ROOF that you are seeing...at least I hope that's what you think is a white airplane.

Geesh, cows, buffalo, and now white airplanes...

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,403
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 8:12 PM

Hello Cherie.  I had a friend who grew up in Entiat.  Jeanette S...  Her father had an orchard. 

I'm glad you can join us.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,403
Points 119,661
Patti replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 8:15 PM

Beautiful photos Donna.  At least I was outside half the day.  Mostly getting snow off the part of the car port roof that I could reach. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Page 13 of 22 (326 items) « First ... < Previous 11 12 13 14 15 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.