Top 10 Posters

Have you heard about the school shooting in Conn.

Page 4 of 5 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 60 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 8:11 AM

Brandy that was beautiful, thank you

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 8:52 AM

I have decided it is best, for ME, to not watch anymore of the coverage on this terrible tragedy. Just too uopsetting.

We have a very, very intelligent Autistic boy in our church, who is 13, 6'2" and 200 lbs. His brother was taunting him, at church a couple Sundays ago, and this gentle giant hit his brother, in the face. Later, at home, he pulled a knife on him. Luckily, theire Dad was home to defuse this situation. I asked our Pastor if we should be worried about his change in action. Hormones a raging in a young teen. Ron said there are always people watching him, and anyone who could be a problem at church.

I was taught that when we are born our death is already scheduled by God. Where, when, how.And, God does not interfere with man's free wil. Thus, this mad man was not stopped.  I don't know if this applies but I feel it does. Sorry, that is just my opinion.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Sukochi - I agree with you.  I cannot watch any more news coverage about it.  To be honest, I haven't watched that much to begin with.  When people started shouting gun control and other political junk, I stopped reading and watching things on it.  

I love the poem I posted, and I'm glad you guys do as well.  It really does tug at the heart strings, but I know that God is so much bigger than the ugliness that goes on down here.  I'm just thankful that I cleaned off my facebook friends list during the Presidential election so that I wouldn't have to continue to hear ugly negative things from people I'm really not friends with anyway (either that or I hid them so I can't see what they are saying).  

I hug my son just a little longer and pray over him just a little more.  It's all I can do as I send him out into the world to shine his light.

https

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,727
Points 364,657
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 12:11 AM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I have decided it is best, for ME, to not watch anymore of the coverage on this terrible tragedy. Just too uopsetting.

I agree. It's crossing over into sensationalism. Seems like people (the media) trying to capitalise on the tragedy. They have ridden this thing to death. Cheapening the memory.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:32 AM

Kris and everyone  I so agree I stopped watching it sunday it was just getting so bad, Most of the people don't want to know all the details and I sure don't want to know about the life of the person who did this terrible thing.  the big media networks need to  know when enough is enough .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:43 AM

God says "Judge not or you shall be judged". So, hard at it is,  we must say a prayers of forgivness in his name and ask God to pray a blessing on him. This is the way to forgive and live in His glory. Sounds inpossible, I know. I have done this, and in so doing, can now put it all aside.

There have been three shooting in Ga. since this happened. Two policemen are dead and both shooters.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 4:00 PM

I never watched any of it, just couldn't to heartbreaking.  I very seldom watch the news anymore.

This is just my opinion, but I think the media does alot of damage, when they constantly report things about the people who do these terrible crimes, They make them famous in a way and I think that is what alot of these people want, or they would just kill themselves and be done with it,  but that doesn't make the news.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 2:31 PM

I just got this message via my Bernina830 Yahoo Group that would be a way for those of us with any embroidery modules to help:

"I have a suggestion for anyone with extra time. Embroider a snowflake for the students of Sandy Hook. The community would like to turn the new school into a Winter Wonderland. All of the details can be seen at the website:

http://www.ctpta.org/SANDY-HOOK-FUND.html

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Leslie, I agree. It is so tragic for everyone and then have the whole world watching just doesn't help.

MelodyP

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060

Thank you Donna B, I posted on several sites and pages of my facebook as well & the embroidery design pages.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 4:21 PM

This is a great idea.. But for the life of me I cant find , in my hundred of designs, a free standing lace snowflake. Can someone help?

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 4:30 PM

I posted an article for these snowflakes first thing this a.m. but it went to moderation. What gives anyway? Why would you need to moderate an article on snowflakes. I think it is just so sweet. Think how gentle snoflakes are when they land on your face. Just like angel kisses. Just perfect for those kids in that school.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 8:12 PM

I have decided to make an FSL Angel for every person killed in CT. I think I will hang them on my tree.. Or should I send them to CT for their tree?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 10:45 PM

Kelley:

This is a great idea.. But for the life of me I cant find , in my hundred of designs, a free standing lace snowflake. Can someone help?

Embroidery Library has FSL snowflakes.  Go here:

http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/Browse.aspx?Catalog=Emblibrary&Category=lace/Lace+-+Snowflakes+and+Winter

(They have two pages with sets first and singles afterward)

Winthrop, WA

Page 4 of 5 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use