Top 10 Posters

Have you heard about the school shooting in Conn.

Page 2 of 5 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 60 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Fri, Dec 14 2012 9:33 PM

Sukochi

It is true that we don't want to instill fear in our children.  I have always been somewhat against homeschooling as I felt children needed to learn to deal with all the different outlooks and cultures that they see in public schools.   However the more often these school shootings occur and now that elementary schools aren't even safe,  I would probably be homeschooling my children if they were still school age.    I am so glad that I don't have to try to raise children in our society now.  It is just tough no matter what decision you make.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 12:10 AM

I have had the joy of watching my little grandson tonight.  I have been setting here watching him sleep while I cry for all those you won't be able to watch their child sleep tonight.   There is one thing from my long nursing career that left a scar on my soul.   It was telling a mother that her child was dead or dying and we couldn't do anything to help.   Each and every mother screamed when they got the news.   Each scream sounded the same.  It was gut wrenching and would rip your heart right out.   I have heard those screams all day long just as if I was there.  Oh God this is just so wrong.  Those babies didn't do anything to deserve this.   I know that they are all in your arms tonight and bless you for that.But God.....those parents, those poor parents.   Please God wrap them in your arms and lift them up and ease their pain.   I know that the pain will never go away but please Dear God lessen the pain so that they can begin to grieve and hopefully heal.  If my tears will help them you know that many have been shed.   Use them if you can.  This is ask in your Holy Sons Name.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 12:22 AM

My heart goes out to all those who are suffering, My prayers go out to all of these famillies.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,837
Points 248,874
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 5:47 AM

Nana, well said ,Amen

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:05 AM

Nana,  Amen and Amen.      Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:44 AM

Amen.

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

This is too sad. I don't have children of my own but I am in tears just thinking about what those children and other victims heard, saw, and experienced. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims and the injured.

I'm just curious . . . when will our society learn to put away their guns. This is the second shooting in less than a week that took away an innocent persons life. And now we're talking about children? This is ridiculous! I don't want to start a "Right to Bear Arms" or "Concealed Carry" debate here. I just want to know what it will take to get people to respect life and put away their deadly weapons.

They're children for God's sake!

Children are great imitators. So give them something great to imitate.

Seriously? How threatening are a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds!

People . . . . put your deadly weapons away, destroy them.

Life is too short to waste valuable time hating anyone.

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,607
Points 27,055
Debbie replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 9:19 AM

Living here in OKC, we've dealt with this tragedy before - I had two friends in the Murray Bombing, one survived (with lots of health issues) and the other died instantly (her office was directly above where the bomb went off.)  Also, having 7 grandchildren, it really hits close to home and I get anxious when I hear a local school has gone on lockdown, (5 grandkids in 4 schools locally).  But I've also found that I can't watch the news all the time.  For self-care, we avaoid the nightly news most of the time - helps me go to sleep when I haven't heard all the bad news of the world. 

If the shooter wanted to kill his Mom and brother, why involve innocent people?  that's the part I struggle with the most.  and then to kill yourself is such a coward's way out, I feel.  Remorse for his actions?  I've been fortunate enough in my life to never feel that I wanted to kill myself, and then I wonder is my belief in God strong enough to survive what these people have endured.  I'm so thankful I have never had to find out - they say God gives us what we can handle and He's never given me that - what does that say about me? 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 9:24 AM

Project Linus has already gathered up 700 quilts to give to the students at Sandy Hook.  A warm hug as they deal with this tradegy.  God, let your peace and comfort go with these quilts.  Also wrap your arms around those parents that cannot hold there own...  Bring healing as only you can.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Jeanine:

Project Linus has already gathered up 700 quilts to give to the students at Sandy Hook.  A warm hug as they deal with this tradegy.  God, let your peace and comfort go with these quilts.  Also wrap your arms around those parents that cannot hold there own...  Bring healing as only you can.

So I was looking around for this thread because I was hoping someone was organizing something of a quilt drive for the families affected by this horrible tragedy, however it looks like it is covered.  Well said Jeanie.  I am praying for everyone in that community and keeping my 6 year old son just a little closer to me.  I would lock him in a bubble if it would mean he would never get hurt, but I know that's just not possible.  I am glad Project Linus has them covered with quilts.

Brandy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 4:11 PM

I am glad that Project Linus has sent these quilts to these families - anything at this time will help them and lighten what is a horrendous time for them.  The weather here in Oklahoma is just like my mood - very over cast and many tears of rain drops came down last night - to me it was the angels crying - I hope a rainbow comes out soon and that this nation can heal not only from this horrendous incident that has happened in CT but the horrendous division that is in our country.

We do need to bring God back into all our lives - openly have him in the schools - bring him back to our government.  Bring him to everyone!  Not be afraid as a Christian to stand up and say we are Christians and we are tired of the division and the fighting - that is not what life should be about  - we should be back to helping neighbor and helping family.  

I cried when I heard that these little children were all 6 or 7 years old - My Grand daughter Echo is in the first grade and 6 years old - I called and asked my son to give her a big warm hug today and was told that she and her Momma are out for a girls day to get away from the horrific feelings and questions of yesterday - to try to bring it back to whatever sense of normalcy that we can get back.  

Time and distance of time are all that will make this easier - I think we will all go through the steps of grief for this.  Hold your children/grandchildren/nieces/nephews/mothers/fafthers/brothers/sisters/aunts and uncles/ neighbors and acquantances in your hearts - lift up their names to the Lord and ask him to find a way to keep us safer and show everyone you know some form of Love... we need to stop bickering and stop fighting - forgive those who have trespassed against you forgive those who have debts that they have sustained.  Open up your hearts!  Stop and say a prayer for all of those who are troubled today and who might be thinking horrific thoughts themselves - and if you hear of someone who has dark dark thoughts see what you can do to help them in any way you can.  

God bless each and everyone of you here on QCA that have helped me over the years that I have been here to be able to keep my head high and to not be depressed when life has brought me low - thank you so much for being here and just helping me without even knowing it.  

I lift all of you up to the Lord today to help and assist you in any way that you need to be helped - I hope that you can feel his warm and loving arms around you and the help that he is sending out to all of us!  

The free will of this young man was devastatingly used - hopefully - we will be able to stop this from happening in the future.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,916
Points 41,010
ls2116 replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 5:55 PM

I think it was brandy hug him one for me I don't have grands yet.

Thea I totally agree being chistian is part of our heritage we should be allowed to express it freely, while we also have respect for those of other  faiths and even non believers .  I am praying for everyone in Ct.

Iam remembering a paper I wrote once for school when i was 13 after a girl my age committed suicide while skipping a class.  This was so many years ago but the assignment was how to keep kids from skipping school hence keep them safer.  I wrote basically to have schools in a lockdown  .  School are today in that way and its not even keeping them safe.  After writing this paper you can believe I was questioned heavily by teachers etc  I was ahead of time on that thought never thought it would actually happen.  I don't know what the answer is but I'm sure praying that someone can keep everyone safer.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,650
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 11:57 PM

Thea

You said something that brught back something a pastor discussed with me one time.  Something horrible had happened in a community and everyone was asking why does God let things like the happen.  God doesn't let bad things happen so to speak.   When man and woman were created God gave us FREEWILL.  It is the freewill to make decisions and choices on our own.  Which means when can make the choices God would liike and follow his teachings and do the best we can to live our life in a manner that shows God's love.  But it also allows for people to make horrible tragic decisions and turn away from God.  There has been evil and horror in the world since it was first created.   I think that we just know more about now due to the technical age.  Everything is on the airways within minutes of something happening.    Not too many years ago it would have taken a week or more to find out any details in Virginia about a shooting that took; 'place in Connecticut.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,037
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 12:40 AM

This event has been so horrendous that I don't even know what to say. I went to work with tears in my eyes on Friday.

Today I read that there was a shooting in a hospital in Alabama. Police killed the shooter. That's three in one week.

This really sucks.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 6:11 AM

Kris,   My eyes hurt from the crying - at least they are moist now - didn't have to use my drops - guess there is good in everything if we just keep looking!  I saw about that shooting in Alabama too - I am just stunned!  This is just too horrendous for words and it just keeps happening!  I am totally not sure what the answer is that is for sure.  I just want to hug my grandkids and my son and DDIL.  I get down on my knees and pray for understanding and forgetfullness for all those families.  It is so hard and I know that as raw as my feelings are theirs have to be 10 times worse.  I went to bed early last night and was awake very early this morning and my thoughts went immediately to these families.  How do we stop this?  Is there any way?

I do agree with the speed of our news today!  Yes, years ago we may never have heard anything about this shooting.  It brought back poignant memories for my Mom of incidents that happened as she was growing up and incidents that happened when I was a child.  There is always evil around us we just have to find a way to keep it at bay.  Some how we have to keep our heads up and keep moving forward.  Something good will come from all of this if just one person who has evil feelings gets help.  

I am looking forward to going to church this morning just to feel the Lord's prescience and the camaradrie of all those who will be there with me.  Hopefully, there will be some message that will give me some understanding more then this was the Free will of this young man - it was - I do know that - but why did he have to do it - why didn't someone use their free will before hand and notice that there was something wrong... All those questions again that get stored up for when I am up there and asking the Whys... 

The tears do flow though - I felt that the angels were crying the other night when it rained and rained... So many lives lost for what?  So we can learn that we need to Love our neighbor.  I think I already learned that lesson!  I don't want to learn it anymore if it comes at this cost.  

Just rambling here - hoping that somewhere my ramblings make sense and help - me - 

Page 2 of 5 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use