Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 23 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 9:07 PM

Thank you to everyone for your kind words. I did ask to see examples of her work before having her do my quilt. There were many examples hanging in the quilt shop and I did not notice any problems with them. I did talk to my friend, yes she had to listen to me vent too, who said she will let anyone else she tells about this LAQ of my bad experience so they can decide for themselves. I also will take some of the advice to make sure everything is in writing and I will be sure to have the discussion of what will happen if I don't like it if I have to find another LAQ before my friend is back in business. Oh, and yes I got my batting back. King size, good for 2-3 smaller quilts!

I just hate that I probably will not go back to her quilt shop either since there are not that many around here and they do offer a lot of classes. Most of their classes are at beginner level though, but it is fun to gather with other quilters.

I delivered the quilt today, and my nonquilting friend, who is male, did not notice a single thing wrong. He was just thrilled with the quilt. I was glad that it hung off the sides about 10 inches so the quilting is not easily noticable. You can't really see that the quilting stops 2-3 inches from the edge on one side and runs right off the other. It is also not noticable that it is no longer square due to the size.  Here are pictures complete with matching pillow shams and three throw pillows.

Thanks everyone, I do feel better now.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Star:
Thanks everyone, I do feel better now.

I'm glad you are feeling better Star and your quilt is very pretty!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 9:18 PM

Sorry for the bad experience.  We are lucky that most non quilting people do not notice what we do.  He was sure to love this wonderful Irish chain!

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 9:18 PM

Sorry for the bad experience.  We are lucky that most non quilting people do not notice what we do.  He was sure to love this wonderful Irish chain!

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 9:18 PM

Oh Star don't let Thea see this ,She is a big Bills fan ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,386
Points 175,253
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 9:19 PM

Star, the quilt is beautiful!  Glad the longarmers mistake is not visible.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,470
Star replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 9:27 PM

LOL Barbara. My friend turned his garage into a Buffalo Bills / Nascar mancave. He is planning on painting his bedroom Buffalo Bills blue to match the quilt.

Personally, I found it very hard to come up with a pattern, and other colors to match the special order Bills fabric. I'm just glad my friend liked it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 9:40 PM

Star , that would be alittle much for me to . .Its still a very pretty quilt . Gald he liked it . You did a good job with it . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 12:17 AM

Star,

the quilt is fantastic. Nice work. I'm glad the shoddy quilting job wasn't bad enough to ruin it. Too bad he's a Bills fan (coming from a Colts fan) LOL.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use