Raffle quilt

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
632 Posts
Points 16,135
Zsofia posted on Sun, Dec 9 2012 2:39 PM

I'm wondering how to proceed to make a quilt for a found raiser. My kids school will have a found raiser at the end of the school year and I' m thinking about to make a quilt to be raffled off. Is it totally up to me? Or there are guidelines I should follow? I was thinking a two-color (red-white or blue-white) traditional quilt would be suitable but I'm open to any suggestions. I have no idea about the size and how much the people appreciate this kind of an art.... 

Zsofia

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
Female
516 Posts
Points 10,450

I think it's a great idea!  Probably a lot of people would love to have a quilt made by a fellow parent, especially since it would only cost them the price of a raffle ticket. As far as size, it depends on how much you want to invest in the fabric, etc, that's needed. For color, I think your idea of two colors is good. Something like that would appeal to more people than one with a whole lot of colors. Two colors have a better chance of matching any decor than a lot of colors. Good luck with the fund raiser. I know from when my daughters were in school, especially at the parochial elementary school, that the fund raisers were always a big help.

• | Post Points: 5
replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 6:36 PM

I have made a lot of Quilts for school fund raisers. I would always do a pattern that I liked, it was the time I chose to experiment.  Two colors is perfect in my opinion. Or multiple, like a batik quilt. I always made a large lap, or at least a twin size.  They always raised a bunch of money..  One year I did a baby quilt, It raised 500.00  I was shocked.  Zsophia, from the pieces I have seen of yours, you will do wonderful no matter what you do. You are very creative, and have an eye for color, and design. Do what pleases you, your going to be pleasantly surprised at the results of the fund raiser.  They will ask you every year now!!    

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,770 Posts
Points 65,998

I think it is totally up to you what you want to make. Since it is for the school, something in the school colors might be appealing.  Or something in fun prints that appeal to kids.  If you are in an area that is big into their high school, college or professional teams, those may be popular choices.  Whatever you come up with will be welcome I am sure.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use