Top 10 Posters

SECRET SANTA PACKAGES RECEIVED AND PICTURES IF YOU WANT TO!!!

Page 15 of 19 (275 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 274 Replies | 23 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:48 PM

These are the wonderful goodies I got from my Secret Santa.  The Ferrero Rocher are already gone!  Hihihi, they helped me finish quilting yesterday.

i just can't wait to see the quilt in a day video on flying geese and read the novel too. I love books., now the soup and the bread I will make for my quilting group when we meet after Christmas.

cathy you made me smile, and laugh and enjoy chocolate.  Now I need to try those hot chocolates on a stick....very curious!

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 8:09 PM

I have to say, the awesome gifts exchanged is totally overwhelming.   I've enjoyed seeing everyone's packages as much as seeing mine when I opened all my luscious surprises.

I truly have already started my box for 2013.  Doesn't matter whose name is drawn, I've promised myself to put something in the box at least once a month.  Sometimes something I make, other times something I purchase.  I'm just going to have a ball collecting.

This SS has made this one of the best Christmas' in many years.  Love you all and wish all a Blessed Christmas.  My heart is aching for those who will be missing their loved ones, let us just keep them in our prayers in the days ahead.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 19,530

Joni:
This SS has made this one of the best Christmas' in many years.

Joni, I have to agree with you. I tried not to open mine until Christmas, but I couldn't wait. My SS gift is probably the only one I will get this year. One of my sons is out of state, one is out of the country and my daughter is preoccupied with her husband so it's just me and my DH this year. I also love your idea about adding something every month. I'm going to have to try this this year. I wish everyone a very happy Christmas. I love this forum, it makes me happy.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 9:02 PM

Kris the Mailbox surprises are for birthdays . If there are enough member intrested in starting a Christmas group <I need alittle more info on this.  We can do this in fabric swaps ,and you all can let me know .I'll start a thread for it so we can talk about it.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,828
Points 248,709
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 9:08 PM

I have opened a threa d in the fabric swap group for those of you who wanted to discuss  the group you mentioned.  Please go to this thread for ideas and  suggestions

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,700
Points 248,197
Thea replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 4:35 AM

HI, I have to admit to a mistake - Because we have so many Pat's that signed up for the SS program - I made a mistake and sent Pat in Canada's name to two people.  I had originally sent the correct name to the SS person and then later sent the wrong name - so Pat in Canada got 2 secret sants gifts.  She is a lucky person.  I will rectify that Pat in Maine did not get her gift and put it together quickly.  Pat in Maine expect your package right after the Christmas Holiday as I will ship this week and not sure that I can get it there to you without paying the exorbitant shipping fees that that would cost.

This was my mistake so taking care of it.

We did very good I think - we had 2 people that I can not get a hold of that did not send out gifts.  I know that one of them received a gift and the other did not.  I will take care and make sure that Caryl Ann gets her gift too - Again, it will not go out until later this week - so probably will not get to you till after the Christmas day.  I was ready for this to happen except finalizing the gifts with something completely personal to each person.  

I thank you all for participating.  I am sorry about the mistake that I made but I know that mistakes do happen - so Pat in Maine - your package is coming!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,499
Points 48,285
Angele replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 7:11 AM

Thea, you did an amazing job of the SS.  I think that mistakes just prove that you are human, like us...hihihi.  Now I want to thank you for all the time and energy you spent on this Secret Santa exchange.  You kept us all on track, in a very nice way :-) 

soTHANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 9:28 AM

I have a suggestion for next year's SS,  Perhaps we could each send a separate or small gift to make up box(s) for any errors.  Even gift cards (e.g. American Express is accepted everywhere) would be great, this would relieve the burden so that no one has to come up with extra expenses. 

Mistakes are always going to happen, and the gift cards could be used by the co-ordinator or sent to giftee, whatever the need calls for...mailing the boxes can add $$ up quick.   FYI for those of you sending books, they can be mailed separate for a greatly reduced rate.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 9:31 AM

Thea

You can PM me if you need some help $$ to get these boxes on their way.  For everyone, even a couple of  $$  from each of us would take a big financial burden off of Thea, I know just mailing out my box cost almost $15.00, of course I sent 2nd or 3rd day...that's a hunk of money for anyone person to absorb more than once.

Just another suggestion.

Thea pm me your address, I'm going to sent something no matter how small, SS does not cover a lot, but I don't need all those Cadbury ice cream bars either LOL.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,700
Points 248,197
Thea replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 12:24 PM

Joni, I was prepared for this to happen!  I took on the responsibility of hosting Program so I was ready and they were both shipped today - my box with all my goodies - I can see the bottom - teehee - haven't been able to do that in a long time - so more fun now I get to shop again... not that I want to or anything(if you believe that...) 

But the last of the gifts are winging their way across the county - maybe they will grow some angels enroute with some attached prayers.  I hope you enjoy your goodies... I am enjoying my toilet paper - it is just so so awesome... I opened one more gift yesterday and it was some rotary blades - yummy for my rotary cutter was looking at me and asking if I was ever going to change that blade... the kitty fur babies do not have a single treat left - I told them to wait till Christmas but oh my they just said no no no... the dogs are still eating on their bones.  Sissy tries to take hers outside so we have to watch her... but they are thankful and full of Christmas cheer....

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
Thea, I told my Sis and Mom about your toilet paper and we laughed. It still makes me chuckle. HOW MANY PEOPLE GET EMBROIDERED TP FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!! lofl

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,739
Points 436,625
Nana replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 3:16 PM

Melody

Oh my....did the fabric I sent you have any unusual shaped pieces cut off the ends?   I had bought fabric for both of us and when I was putting things away on my cutting table I found the ones that I had bought for you all wrapped up nice and pretty.  I must have sent you the 2 pieces of the same fabric that I had gotten for myself.  I don't remember if I had used any for my appliques and such or not.   I truly hope they were whole pieces and I hope you liked it as much as I do.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 9:23 PM

Thea, I'll be happy to send you some $ for postage or whatever.  PM your address.  This was so much fun, don't want to see someone not want to organize it again for fear of having to dole out more than their share. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 245
Points 3,800
Pat replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 9:28 PM

Brandy my SS, I am soooo excited, just finished opening up my Santa box I am feeling like a little kid.  I love everything so much.  You are so thoughtful and I am very lucky for you to be my SS, I love the large ergonomic seam ripper, all the fabric, thimble, my novel(have always wanted to read one) my socks, my beautiful card stock,  thread, needles and so much more.  I will post a picture later or early tomorrow morning.  Thank you so very much, I am feeling much loved right now.  You got everything that i love so much, it is like you know me...and mmmm ribbon candy and starbucks hot cocoa salted caramel.   oh my can you tell I am over the moon.    Pat from Canada

Pat   From Canada

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 11:28 PM

I will take care and make sure that Caryl Ann gets her gift too - Again, it will not go out until later this week - so probably will not get to you till after the Christmas day. I was ready for this to happen except finalizing the gifts with something completely personal to each person.

Thea please do not do this, My PM to you told you I’m fine. Really believe me. I have everything my sewing room needs. I even have a new $100 card to Joann’s from Mother, and a $50 card to Connecting Threads. So please I ask you to respect this wish.

Page 15 of 19 (275 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use