Top 10 Posters

Prince William and Princess Catherine expecting a baby!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 62
Points 1,120
Lindsey Posted: Mon, Dec 3 2012 12:41 PM

Yahoo! I don't know if anyone is interested, but I have just found out that this lovely couple are expecting their first baby!

I must admit us brits were wondering when they were going to get married but now they have, they don't seem to have wasted too much time in making us all very happy!

How lovely! I can't wait! I think they are a lovely couple and hope everything goes well for them, although I understand Kate is having bad morning sickness, poor girl!

I bet the Queen is excited at the thought of being a Great Grandma! 

I bet they will be given loads of presents but I wonder if anyone will give them a handmade quilt???

Better go, got to get dinner on the go!

Happy stitching, Lindsey, Norfolk, UK

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Lindsey, so happy for you. We tend to not get so excited here about that sort of thing. Although, there are those who will get that excited over some movie star or rock star. But, having lived in England, I can somewhat understand how you all feel.  

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 2:39 PM

Spud,

You lived in England you never said where did you live.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 2:40 PM

Spudgrandma, speak for yourself, Sweetie. I am over the moon about it. I love all things Brithish royalty.

I had been hearing speculation in the news, for a few months now. So, this is great news. : D  Don't know what my facination is with the Royal Birits, but I love them. I thought I would lose my mind when Diana died. I cried for days.

Call me crazy. But, I love a Prince and Princess!!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Frances:
You lived in England you never said where did you live.

We lived in Upper Heyford, my father was in the Air Force...I'm not sure it is even there anymore. I have some memories of it.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380

I think this is so cool and exciting.  I admit I am a Royal Watcher adict.  All the pomp and circumstance around the royals is so stunning and yet they seem like they keep their feet well grounded.

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 5:09 PM

Having watched the wedding, I am happy to see the royal couple heading into parenthood.  They seem to be level-headed, so hopefully this child will grow up in a happy family.  

Wouldn't it be a hoot to send a baby quilt from QCA?!!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,440
Jacy replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 6:19 PM

Spudgrandma:
having lived in England

Spud, i didn't know you had lived there. you probably didn't know i was born there, on the Isle of Wight

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Lindsey:

I bet they will be given loads of presents but I wonder if anyone will give them a handmade quilt???

Wishing them many years of happiness. Are you thinking of making them a handmade quilt?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 62
Points 1,120
Lindsey replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 7:47 AM

Hi Stephanie!

Gosh, I don't know tbh! I hadn't planned on it but I might have a think about it! I'll wait and see if my local County say anything in their newsletter. If I did one, it would have to be a plain white one with handquilting.

Food for thought......

I too, cried for days when Diana died. It took me ages to get over the sadness of it and I can still see William and Harry bravely walking with their father next to the Hearse. So unfair!

But yes, WIlliam and Kate seem such a couple in love that I really hope nothing stops them enjoying their life as a family. Life is too short as it is!

Must get back to work, half hour lunch is nearly over......

Happy stitching, Lindsey, Norfolk, UK

ps will investigate where you both used to live and will report back later! Isle of Wight is still there as far as I know! :-)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 8:12 AM

I heard on the news last night that a child had given William a baby gift, before the news broke, and he gladly accepted it. Hint! Hint!

If a girl, I truely hope they name her, Diana.  Then, there would be another Princess Diana. Or, am I wrong about that title?

I am praying Catherine will be OK with her terrible morning sickness problem. I have never heard of this before. But, It will get her even thinner, which is all that to the Royals, seems to me. Funny, the Queen doesn't keep herself rail thin.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Jacy:

Spudgrandma:
having lived in England

Spud, i didn't know you had lived there. you probably didn't know i was born there, on the Isle of Wight

I did not. I had always hoped to visit someday, but don't guess that is going to happen. My youngest brother and sister - twins - were born while we lived there.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,579
Points 139,858

Lindsey:

If I did one, it would have to be a plain white one with handquilting.

Food for thought......

If you do so, this idea sounds lovely.

Diana's death was tragic. Her life was full of sadness as well. I hope her boys will find happiness in their roles and their marriages. And for you, I wish the same and that all of your quilting endeavors will be happy and rewarding as well.     

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,436
Points 38,440
Linda replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 3:30 PM

I'm a Royal watcher too. Loved Princess Di and cried for days at her death. Was very proud of those boys at the funeral and they have grown up very much like their mum. I hope the Royal  Couple are able to raise the baby very much as Princess Di raised her boys. And I also hope the marriage is a good one, not like that Charles did to Di. The country needs a good solid Royal marriage  which it hasn't had since the present Queen and Prince Philip.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use