Top 10 Posters

Help! Orange juice stain.

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 20
rita07 posted on Sat, Nov 24 2012 10:24 AM

I hope this is in the right place, but I am in need of help quick. 

I am hand quilting a lap quilt.  It was basted with a basting gun and tacks.  This morning my one year old (who apparently is going to grow up to be something with very good aim) spilled my husband's orange juice down the back of my mostly white Christmas quilt.  I know, more fool me for working on something white with a one year old.  :)  I've got most of it out by running it under cold water and rolling it up in a towel, but there is still a faint shadow.  It is in an unquilted part of the quilt and I am afraid that if I try to do more I'm going to destroy the batting (warm and white). 

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!   Thanks!!

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
13,480 Posts
Points 244,362
Thea replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 10:49 AM

Try running some white vinegar on the stain area - I would mix it one for one - and just rinse it in... usually takes out most anything and doesn't bleach the area... try it on a sample first to make sure it works for you - 

Top 75 Contributor
1,514 Posts
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 6:10 AM

Another idea may be hydrogen peroxide with a mix of one part peroxide to 3 or 4  parts water. Test the fabric first but that is something I use in my regular white laundry instead of chlorine bleach.  It takes out most stains without hurting the fabric.  Hope it helps.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Top 50 Contributor
2,770 Posts
Points 39,155
ls2116 replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 7:52 AM

I never thought of hydrogen peroxide for laundry I'll have to remember this.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use