Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590
MaryLeeHayden Posted: Wed, Nov 21 2012 8:51 AM

I know I haven't been on for a while. I did enjoy the Fabulous Fall Fiber Frenzy at Sara Wall's lodge. When I got home, the cat who adopted us 4 months before, was very sick and died at the emergency vet hospital the next morning. Andrea Dee was here and I got through it. Felt like America died Nov. 6. Now I got the news that my dog, Annabelle, who was with me through my long illness and recovery, has cancer. She is having surgery to remove the tumor on Friday but the cancer is aggressive and they cannot be sure it won't come back. She is in pain as it's under her right arm, making it difficult and painful for her to walk. I may lose what's left of my mind.

I will try to organize the Smoky Mountain Retreat scheduled for the last week in June when everything settles down. 

I know Annabelle isn't the most important issue facing the world today, but please pray for her and for us. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

• | Post Points: 140
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 14,810
Dawn replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 9:54 AM

Mary, so very sorry for all you have been going thru.  Losing pets is not easy!  They do become part of our family.  I will keep praying for you and Annabelle.  Take care and enjoy your Thanksgiving, hope you have family and friends to be with.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 9:56 AM

((Hugs)) Mary

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 9:57 AM

Mary it is so good to hear from you and that you are hanging in there.I 'm so sorry to hear of your babies being ill and was glad Andera was there to help you thru a tuff time. Please take care of yourself and look foward to seeing you in March. I hope you have a good holiday and will be thinking of you . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:05 AM

Mary:
I will try to organize the Smoky Mountain Retreat scheduled for the last week in June

So sorry to hear of all the turmoil in you life right now.  The retreat is not as important as your health and well being.  Prayers for you and yours as you deal with this time in your life.  We know you will be there when you can. You always have been before.  Let me know if I can do anything to help you in any way.  Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 10:36 AM

Mary, 

So sorry to hear about your fur babies.  I remember when my children's childhood pets were getting older just about when my kids were going off to college.  I swear that I missed my dogs an cats more than my kids.  I guess I knew that my kids would always come home again.  It doesn't seem fair that our pets can't live as long as we do. Again, so sorry...

It took me over 5 years to be able to have new pets, we now have Charlie Cat and Max and Opie- standard poodles.  

My thoughts are with you....

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,514
Points 30,780
Diana replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 11:36 AM

Hi Mary,    I'm sorry to hear about your fur babies.  I know how hard that is.  With not having kids, my fur babies have always been my kids.  I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving.   If you need help with the retreat in June, let me know.  I'll be glad to help you out.

Huggs,  Diana (Bink) in East Tn. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 1:36 PM

Mary,

So sorry for all your problems, but it is nice to see you posting again even if it is under rotten circumstances, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Mary, sorry about all you troubles. I hope you will keep us up to date and you have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving also!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 981
Points 24,590

Been crying all day. We see the surgeon Friday at 8 a.m. and will see if she thinks it is removable. I don't know if I'm being selfish. I want her with me but I don't want her suffering. If the surgery won't help her, I know I should let her go. It just hurts so badly. I've had her 10 years, since she was a tiny puppy. I just don't know what to do. Hubby is taking Friday off to be with me. I hope I'm brave enough to make the best decision for Annabelle, not just for me.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,575
Points 51,670
Ginny replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 2:08 PM

Mary,  I know you want to keep your furbaby with you.  I would want the same thing.  I had to make that difficult decision some years ago for our furbaby.  It was tough, but it was better to let him go and know he would not longer be in pain.   My thoughts and prayers are with you during your difficult decision.  Have a blest Thanksgiving.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,467
Points 416,884
gini replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 2:53 PM

hi mary, it is so good to hear from you.   i'm sorry you are going through so much right now,  i'm sending big hugs your way.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,388
Points 37,625
Linda replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 2:56 PM

Mary, I know how hard that decision is. I made it 15 years ago when I had to let my Shadow go over the Rainbow Bridge.  I had her since she was  2 months old till she was 15-1/2 yrs old. I still cry thinking about my baby. It took that long till I could let Indy into my life and he has been such a joy. God be with you and your furbaby.

Hugs, Linda

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Wed, Nov 21 2012 5:02 PM

Mary, sending you love and prayers.  God Bless  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,954
Points 368,352
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 1:00 AM

Mary,

it was good to see your post even though your news is sad. Sorry for the loss of your kitty and sorry Annabelle is sick. I will say a prayer for you and yours. Hugs.

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use