Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti Posted: Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:04 AM

I am so very sad and alarmed by what is happening in the Middle East.   I was once very ignorant about the situation but over the past several months have sought to educate myself.   If 20 % of our country had been under rocket attacks for months, sometimes as much as 100 a day, would we not want to defend ourselves?  In truth, it has not been months but years, ever since Israel completely withdrew from Gaza, but attacks have increased over the past few months, and now that Israel targeted and killed a Hamas leader, it is hundreds daily, ignoring any cease fire.  

I am fearful for Israel, but also for the Palestinians in Gaza.  They have been used by Hamas as shields to hide behind and from which to attack Israel.  In recent days, Israel has targeted the areas from which Hamas rockets are launched, and the places those rockets are stockpiled.  Pictures show huge explosions, because the stockpiles are getting direct hits and as Hamas deliberately uses neighborhoods, areas near schools, and hospitals to stockpile the weapons, civilians are getting killed and injured.  But Hamas sends rockets to Israel, indiscriminately, with many landing in civilian areas. 

With Egypt now supporting Hamas, it seems war is inevitable. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:08 AM

Patti ,I have been watching this on CNN for the past couple of days and it is really scarey. I to agree we need to say our Prayers and watch this area closely cause I have a terribe feeling this is going to get way out of hand.  And only God know where that is going to put all of us.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:22 AM

Just heard on Cnn ,that rockets have been exploding in Jerusalem ,as we speak. guess the cease fire isn't working .  Now I'm really getting nervous. about this . Why can't they just all live together in peace and worship who ever they want .  I guess I will never understand this . Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

I totally agree Patti and we do need to be in prayer for this.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,159
Points 111,125
Linny t replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 11:53 AM

Amen to praying for both sides.  Hamas frightens me. 

Linny T

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use