This post has 12 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,807
Points 248,334
Barbara Posted: Fri, Nov 16 2012 6:10 AM

Adm. for the past week this site has been awful ,here are some examples :

1.takes forever to get on the site.

2. takes forever to get a Thread to pull up and I'm talking more then 2 mins.

3..Takes forever for a post to download if you don't loose it all together.

4. takes forever to navigate the site any where.

I know you all have told us that Crafts Media  is working on this ,but how long does it take them to fix the problem .I really want to see some results on this and it just seems to be getting slower and slower,and I get madder and madder . Please help us.Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 6:33 AM

I have chosen not to renew my premium membership for the above reasons as well as I keep getting punted off the side.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 7:54 AM

It is shameful that we even have to beg for your help. We pay for a serivce you are not delivering, I would ask for my money back, but, you would not even responde to that.

I will not renew my subsciprtion. This site is a joke that is NOT funny!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,807
Points 248,334
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:05 AM

Sukochi and Vivan, I am not leaving the site, I love it to much ,and I will continue to pay for my subcription, I just want to see it fixed. It is not the fault of Adm,as they have the same issues we do  I just don't know who else to voice my frustratons to ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 8:26 AM

ditto, what barbara said.   this is getting beyond ridiculous

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 9:49 AM

Ditto what Barbara and Gini said. 

Last week I was reading a post from 2010 and one of the members mentioned there was a problem with the site at that time.  If the powers that be are reading this, shame on you for not fixing this and shame on you for not even caring.  If it can't be fixed, have the backbone to fess up.  Many of us here have made personal friendships that we refuse to sever and we will put up with a lot because of this but enough is enough, GET WITH THE PROGRAM, YOU SO CALLED BRAiN-E-ACkS AND FIX THIS OR CONFESS IT CAN'T BE!  

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,326
Points 18,655
erindipity replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:30 AM

The newsletter yesterday said they are working on it and they are frustrated too.  I really enjoy QCA and the friendships I've made and make every day but there are no benefits for me to be a paying member.  I have NEVER been able to watch a QNNTV video, I can find all kinds of free patterns all over the web and I can buy magazines all day long.The coupon codes never work and the coupons Joann's send me are always better discounts than the 10% discount membership perk.  :/ Without paying i can still join contests, groups, forums, etc.....

I'm a betting gal and I say that if  QCA loses a bunch of paying members, they will figure out how to fix the issues! I mean $30 a pop from 1000 people will make a statement!  Just sayin...

Piece, Love, Quilt

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,935
Points 258,060
QCA Admin replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:35 AM

Hi - thank you for voicing your concerns and we do apologize for all the problems.  We are experiencing the same thing when we try to post on this site as well.  We are working with our IT company for a permanent solution and in the meant time, we are rebooting the server every night which seems to keep the site going.  We want this to be a fun experience for you and certainly not frustrating.  Please know we do see all your comments and even though we don't respond to every post, we are working on it behind the scenes.  Recently, we met with 2 development teams and are working towards a solution.  As soon as we have one, we will let you all know.  Thank you for all you do! :)

Kristi  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,674
Points 179,313
Marie replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 10:47 AM

Kristi, thanks for responding to our frustrations.  Do you send all of our complaints to the powers that be?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,807
Points 248,334
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 11:41 AM

Thanks Kristi we just need to know that something is being done. I know it can't be solved overnight ,but please hurry ...Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 12:29 PM

Thank you Kristi for your quick response to this thread!  As has been voiced earlier here, many of us have developed close friendships and connections here that we do not want to lose.  We want QCA to be successful!  For many here, it is more than just a quilting club.  Many live in rural or isolated areas and without QCA have no access to discuss their issues, fears and joys (personal and/or quilting).  They need this site emotionally!

One other observation:  It must be evident to IT, as it is to me, that the volume of postings on this site has dropped dramatically in the last few months.  This should be a very big RED FLAG for you!  A large volume of your customers are literally giving up and the ones remaining are mostly those that commited in one way or another to the site.  And, in addition, some of the "regulars" do not plan to renew when their membership expires. 

I am a committed user, but I hope you find a resolution and VERY SOON!  I have had several offers recently to extend my membership, but I am choosing to hold off until my membership renewal time comes around to make my decision.  PLEASE DO NOT DISAPPOINT ME!

Winthrop, WA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400

I have a quick and easy fix for you -- fire your IT team and hire another.  Seriously.

Also look into a different hosting venue.  There are tons of good BB and interactive hosting companies out there and competition is fierce enough to keep prices low.  I don't have a paid membership and never will due to the inactivity of the admins, owners, IT people, etc. etc.  It is shameful how you treat your members.  If I treated my customers this way, I'd be out of business in a flash. 

Brigit-Carol

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 295
PaQuilter replied on Sat, Nov 17 2012 12:35 AM

Hi, Kristi!

I just wanted to let you know that I'm in PA and the website seems find to me.  I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit, on a Verizon Fios 35 mps connection.  Just wondering if that's the problem and to let you know you're doing great!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use