Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 16 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,116
Points 29,750
Ramona replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 9:59 PM

Has anyone ever seen this store?  I've been there and purchased a few things before. Some not so up to date fabric but still some nice things at reasonable prices. She only has a few batiks but they start around $4.00 a yard and she has $5 shipping (domestic) right now. Just to give you an idea of her pricing.  Who knows, you might find that one special fabric you've been looking for.  http://www.whittlesfabrics.com/   FYI You get more fabric options by using the drop down box. 

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 62
Points 1,120
Lindsey replied on Tue, Nov 13 2012 7:53 AM

Hi! I live in the UK and fabric costs usually between £8 - £12 per metre.

I made my dd quilt top using scraps from ebay. Brillian choice. Got the fabrics way cheaper than FQ, although postage costs don't help.

Moda fabrics are about £10 a metre. 108" wide backing is usually £15 per metre, although it is cheaper in the long run.

I did buy a huge sack of old shirts for £35 which I'm looking forward to cutting them up. So that was a pretty cheap way to do.

But it really is just a case of looking out for it. It can be hard looking on USA websites as they don't always ship to UK. :-(

Happy fabric hunting! Lindsey, Norfolk, Uk

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use