Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 105
karrollann Posted: Thu, Nov 1 2012 8:58 PM

Hi all Im glad IM back in the club. Really missed all of you. Im Karroll here in Utah learning to quilt and sew. Im 71 and a new sewer. Question. What sewing cabinets do you like the ones I like are pricy so are they worth it. thanks

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi karrollann and nice to meet you.  My hubby made mine so not of much help here, sorry.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 10:35 PM

Karrollann

I purchased the Kangaroo sewing cabinet with the Joey and the Dingo cutting cabinet from Connecting Threads last spring.   I love them all.   I would happily recommend them to anyone looking for a good quality table.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 731
Points 18,320
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077

Welcome Karrollann

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 31
Points 680

I also would be interesting in getting input on sewing cabinets.  Right now I am using an old kitchen table for my machine and a card catalog from an old library for storage.  I like having all the room of the table and I like the storage.  Not really sure what a real "sewing cabinet" would add.  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 8:50 AM

Now I'm cheap and looked thru all the thrift stores until I found a drop in Cabinet that I liked ,I found a fabulous one and paid 50,00 for mine .I then hired a fellow to enlarge the opening so I could place my Janome in it .so total  I paid 80 .00 for a beautiful cabinet..It had double extension sleeves and 8 drawers .  And more important it was not made of particle board   Just telling you so if you don't have the funds for an expensive cabinet ,you can find them out there.

Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Nov 2 2012 10:58 AM

I help lead a senior exercise group and was surprised recently when one lady asked me if I would like her old sewing cabinet.  When I looked at it, I was thrilled to find that it had an electric lift, two flip-out extensions plus 4 storage drawers.  She doesn't sew anymore and thought I would get more use out of it than she was...you think???  Anyway, she was using it for a desk, so we bought her a small desk ($100) to replace the sewing cabinet...and everyone is beyond happy!

So, you never know...  Get involved and help the seniors in your community.  You may find that one of them has a cabinet sitting around that they would love to sell/give/ swap with you!  But be sure and check with any sources for used furniture in your community and keep checking Craigs List, etc.

Winthrop, WA

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 105

Thank all of you for your comments. Welcome to you  new guys. I am looking for a used cabinet too. Im using old table now. Have fun sewing .Karoll

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use