TV order!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,659
Points 37,415
ls2116 Posted: Wed, Oct 31 2012 8:30 AM

I ordered one of those seen on tv products to stop slippage in bathtub They have my info I wanted to cancle order before I even hung up and couldn't no one answers phone number listed on their site just trying to alert others don't fall for it.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 11:27 AM

Our Walmart has a long three shelf area on the back wal,l by the grocery dept,. where all the stuff on TV is offered for sale  They have those pajama jeans. I wonder how thay really fit. and feel. anyone know? They are pricey. They have the Ahh Bra, and another that i can't think of the name of. I bought two of these dog things, a long unstuffed fuzzy animals, and it is the only thing ilke that that Lily will just play with and not tear up. Worth the $9.99 each.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:09 PM

Ugg, I made the mistake of trying to order something seen on TV.  After ordering the product, I had to listen through at least ten ads for other products. and for each one, I had to clearly say "NO" twice before they'd move on to the next product.  I was afraid if I just hung up, they would take that as a YES and send the extra stuff to me.  Never again!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 884
Points 16,405

I've bought the Ahh bras & really like them. Also purchased the taco bowl pans...don't like those at all.  Unfortunately, you never know until you buy it!  I may give them to one of my sisters...

Nancy, I had the same problem when I ordered the taco bowl pans.  I finally ended up hanging up too.  Was extremely frustrating.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,659
Points 37,415
ls2116 replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 12:17 AM

I mailed their order back and i lost all kinds of shipping because they duplicated my order maybe I should call better business...

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 7:26 AM

There is a store in the big Mall in Alpharetta, Ga. that is ALL products they sell on TV. I haven't bought anything directly off TV. I avoid that. If it sounds too good to be true......

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 7:38 AM

just about all the products seen on TV can be odered online.  IF you check you can see a website listed .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

I have not ordered online either, I have bought a few things at Walmart and Walgreen's.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
One of the KC news channels have a segment called "Try it before you buy it". It is great! Three people try the product and give their opinion. It's very cool.

MelodyP

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,420
Bev replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 3:04 PM

My DH saw something on an infomercial that he just had to have and did not want to wait until he saw it in Walmart, etc.   It would be okay if you did not have to go through a menu of other things they are trying to sell you. It took me two days to get a person on the phone to BE SURE I wasn't going to be charged for anything else.

I think he finally learned his lesson at least I hope so.  I do see a lot of things that I think I might like but by the time it gets to the store section I usually have changed my mind. I would much rather have the money for quilting.

from TN

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,344
Points 414,799
gini replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 3:50 PM

sam's partner ordered something off the infomercial.   two sets for his kids for christmas.   the 2fer $19.99 ended up costin him $72 with their extra charges for shipping and handling the extra item.   that's how they can sell them so cheap on air, they gouge you with the shipping and handling.

gini in north idaho

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,440
Points 24,005
Debbie replied on Thu, Dec 27 2012 9:59 PM

I too see some things on TV I would like but have held off and normally within 3-6 months it is available at WalMart or Walgreens.  One thing I really love are the nylons pieces that go around your bra straps and cover up your cleavage.  Bought 2 sets and use them at least 3-4 days a week.  Seems most blouses today show too much cleavage, at least for this ole broad.  I hear my father's voice saying, "You are not going out of this house with that on!!" 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

Bev :
I do see a lot of things that I think I might like but by the time it gets to the store section I usually have changed my mind. I would much rather have the money for quilting.

Me too Bev! And if I really want it I will still want it when it is available locally.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 3:44 PM

Bought the Ahh Bra today. But after washing, it shirnks. I should have gotten a size larger. Probably, once I hit my ideal weight, it will fit.

Sukochi

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use