Page 1 of 3 (39 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 38 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,247
Points 239,887
Thea Posted: Wed, Oct 31 2012 7:06 AM

I hope that the ghosts and goblins don't scare any of you today!  A day of giving candy out to all - or playing really good tricks!  

I woke early today thinking about this holiday!  And wondering if we will ever get back to the days of my youth where all the kids went door to door - no fear of tainted candy - and the wonderful home made costumes that they came up with.

Today there are much better costumes then when I was a kid and some are very scary.  They have trunk or treats at the churches here so the kids are assured of safe candy.  A good thing but yet a sad thing.

I am hopeful that all on the east coast are doing well and can enjoy the day!  

Again Happy Halloween to all!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 8:17 AM

OH Thea  ,an a  SPOOKTACTULAR  HALLOWEEN to you as well ,Hop you have a great holiday .barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 8:35 AM

I haven't decided if I'm passing out candy this year.  I usually do but DH said we could just go out.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,864
gini replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 9:47 AM

have the spookiest halloween

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 9:52 AM

Gini, how cute .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 7,420
Pat Badder replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 10:09 AM

Thea:

Again Happy Halloween to all!

and a safe Halloween to all, If anyone goes out watch out for all the little goblins out for treats. Where I live in a mobile park, and they do not allow children in the park to go door to door. Every year the management collects candies from the homeowners and bags it in little bags. than on Halloween night they stand at the entrance and hands out the bags to all the children and believe me they do get them by the carloads to get their treats. Of course they have volunteer helpers to help pass out the candies.

Pat B

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 470
Points 5,905
Isabella replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 10:44 AM

Happy Halloween to you too, are you going to wear one of your beautiful sweatshirts?

Isabella

Isabella

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,308
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 11:22 AM

Gini, did you make the costumes?   Princess and Wil?  Of coarse it is!  I see some of their Grams applique in the background.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,864
gini replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 12:25 PM

marie, we have a costume box and we scavenge out of that.   we needed to find them both a black dress in the thrirft stores that fit

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,308
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 12:32 PM

Thrift shops are the way to go, costumes cost too much and there is no need for them when the kids and their Moms/Grams have an imagination.  P & W look so cute!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 1:06 PM

we have a costume box too and I never buy costumes, the are so cheaply made they quickly fall apart. I haven't sewn costumes for several years but this year I had a little princess that wanted to be Snow White. I think she'll get a bunch of dress-up play out of this dress even after halloween is over.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 1:15 PM

Gini, they are downright spooky and scary. Wouldn't want to run into them in a haunted house.

Here in the mountains, homes are spread so far apart, in most places, that kids go to the downtown square where the merchants hand out candy. I would not let kids go house to house anymore. shoot, when I was a kid we went by ourselves and stayed out as late as doors were stiill open.

I went with my  son until he was 10 then, I said "No more, You have reached the age limit." butcontinued to go to the police station Trick Or Treat Street. Think was DS was very tall when he was young and looked older then he was. When he moved out at age 18, he and friends went trick or treating very year till they were 20. I wouldn;t open my door to kids that old.

I always went with him and left Jim home to hand out candy, as, I am afraid of anyone in costumn. As a 1st grader, I was scared, totaly out of my wits, by my BF's father, in a mask, and to this day am not only terrified of the dark but of poeple in masks. I was sent to get something from their creepy basement, by myself. Right as I reached the bottom of the staircase, the lights went out and when I turned to run back up the stairs, there is a big black caped entity in a horrid head covering mask but all I saw was a terrible monster after me. I screamed in terror, then he went up the stairs, took off the mask but it was too late. I ran home around the block screaming and crying and when I got home and my Mom got out of me what happened, oh my. She called them and let the Dad have it.. Didn't go back in that house for a LONG time. And this was in the summer, not at Halloween.

Sukochi

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 293
Points 4,535
Mary789 replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 1:28 PM

Jacy  she looks so sweet in her snow white dress!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 2:06 PM

Jacy, Just precious. That dress is darling.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,273
Points 173,308
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 31 2012 2:08 PM

Jacy, your "Little Princess" is adorable!  Mom did a great job on "Snow White"!

Millbury, MA

Page 1 of 3 (39 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use