Singing Quilter

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 124
Points 2,480
Applik Posted: Thu, Jan 14 2010 12:55 PM

We had so much fun listening/tapping our toes listening to Singing Quilter Cathy Miller and John Bunge at our Jan. meeting.  Her songs are all about quilting. She's an accomplished teacher, quilter, singer, song writer. She made a huge sampler quilt and then wrote a song about a "Sampler Quilts" and didn't miss anything when it comes to making samplers. She sure  kept our meeting totally entertained.  We were entertained for about an hour or more with all her songs. Then we were able to go and touchy feel all her quilts she brought for her songs.

She also has 4 CD's that are all about quilting. You have to hear them, they're so good. Her husband John did a song about being the spouse of a quilter. OMG did we laugh along with him and we could all relate to what he was singing about. He had the whole audience involved in jumping with that one.

You wouldn't believe the 1/2 inch hexagon quilt she made (grandmothers' flower garden) then she totally blew us away doing  1/4 inch hexagons. Now you have to be totally nuts to do that size, I could never do it.

Just had to share this one with everyone as they are so entertaining. 

Her website if you want to check her out: http:www.singingquilter.com

I'm a Fabri-holic and I have many material witnesses to prove it

http://cyberspacemonkeyis.shawwebspace.ca

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185
Judy Iliff replied on Thu, Jan 14 2010 12:58 PM

How fun! I saw her on one of the episodes of the Great Canadian Shop Hop. (I'm not sure that's the correct name of the show, but it's one available on QNN.

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 14 2010 1:07 PM

Thanks for the info....sounds really neat.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,517
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 14 2010 5:33 PM

Thanks for the info Applik. I browsed the site for a bit. I really like her quilts. Very talented lady.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Fri, Jan 15 2010 12:36 AM

applik, thanks for bringing  this wonderful quilter and singer to our attention.  she's fun and her quilts are beautiful.  gini

gini in north idaho

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 823
Points 12,720

Applik

I will look out for this lady she sounds like fun

Hampshire, England

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,114
Points 410,999
gini replied on Sat, Feb 13 2010 4:08 PM

applik. i've heard her   she's very funny.   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,933
Points 233,972
Thea replied on Mon, Feb 15 2010 6:28 PM

I would love to hear her - anything doing with quilting peaks my interest - thank you for sharing this as I hadn't heard of her.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use