rated by 0 users
This post has 315 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,460
Points 361,947
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 7:27 PM

Barbara,

I'm seeing the internet and weather channel but here it's lots of ifs and could bes no one's excited yet.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,515
ls2116 replied on Thu, Oct 25 2012 9:00 PM

I hope all are safe I haven't been paying attention to tv much today.  Worked on a janome harmony that i got for my sister in Fla. went to ups store to mail it away only to find out they would charge me 70$ to pack and ship no way am I paying that the machine has only one zig zag foot missing everything else.  Then went to movies with DH to see Taken 2 which we had free passes for.  Everyone stay safe and out of storms way.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,246
Points 239,852
Thea replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 7:04 AM

The storm is hitting - hope all have battened down the hatches and are fully prepared.  Should anyone need anything - please do not be afraid to ask!  We can get anything to you that you might need.  Get those quilts ready to keep you and yours warm.  Fill all the jugs you have with water... you won't believe how much you need it till you don't have it (been there done that and learned my lesson).  Batteries too - make sure you have enough - that is if you can still get them.  

The news for the east coast is not looking good - they are saying now that the storm in the 90s did not hit land and this one definitely is going to ...

Prayers Prayers Prayers!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 8:53 AM

Oh all our friends out east ,Please take this serious, we all worry that this is going to be bad. Store water , get batteries , blankets , warm clothes, non perishable foods ,If any of you need anything to help let us know . Make sure you have toilet paper  and tissues ,All your meds .  You all are getting so much warning ,we out there in the middle don't get much when our storms hit ,so we have to keep it ready all the time in the warmer seasons.  Just please stay safe  we will be sending thoughts and prayers to all of you . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 12:01 PM

Barbara

I see today that they have placed the western portion of VA in the high alert area.  Previously we weren't in the warning areas.  This one is shaping up to be really nasty. 

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 1:21 PM

We must all rey that it changes course and goes out to sea.

Nana, I am praying for you. Gosh, If I had that coming at me, I would get the hell out of Dodge. You might consider that. Do you live on higher ground?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 1:44 PM

Nana if its gonna hit you as far inland as you are, ,then please take care ,I wan to see all my east coast friends in Branson in March

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,790
Frances replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 1:48 PM

Nana, and everyone,

Please, please please be really careful how you all live in a place where hurricanes hit totally amazes me you are all lots braver than me.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:07 PM

Sukochi

I live on the western side of VA with lots of mountains around me.  Don't live in a flood plain.   The biggest concern that I will have is power outages and downed trees.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:09 PM

Barbara

I understand that there has already been a state of emergency issued for Va. and the storm isn't even really close yet.  I guess we will see as things pan out over the next couple of days how badly VA will be affected.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:10 PM

Frances

I usually don't have to worry about hurricanes.  I live pretty far inland.  One good thing about hurricanes is that you have plenty of warning.   I couldn't deal with living in tornado alley.   Those things give very little warning.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:17 PM

Nana,I have a granddaughter in Fairfax, I don't get to talk to her  (Mothers  Issues) ,but I worry about her all the time.

To Frances as one who lives in the Tornado zone, we may get 10 min warning at the most . but we are so use to the conditons ,that most of us ,know and keep on the look out.  We do have alarms that go off when one has been spotted in our area. The dogs hate them , makes my poor old gal howl ...

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,790
Frances replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:28 PM

Barbara,

I love you all lots but i think you are all crazy the worst we have ever had was in 1987 where wind gusts were as much as 110 mph, but it hasnt been anywhere near that since (thankfully).

Tornados Barbara you can keep, as much as i love you i dont want to share them with you.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:34 PM

Frances ;We'll hope and pray we don't have any when you come in March ..LOL  we get them early sometimes .and Branson got hit bad ,last year.  Now that outa but a bee in your bonnet,,Just kidden. We don't want any bad weather when we have our retreat .. Snow or storms  either one . but you will want a very warm coat. 

Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,790
Frances replied on Fri, Oct 26 2012 2:41 PM

Its okay Barbara,

When they were dropping bombs in world war 2 people used to either hide down the underground railway stations or under the table, well you guessed it no underground so i will be living under the table.

lots of love

Francesxx

Page 3 of 22 (316 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use