Top 10 Posters

East Coast Storm and the Sandy Quilt Project

Page 12 of 22 (316 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 315 Replies | 20 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 10:30 AM

Charlie ,you have not been forgotten out your way .  I think some of us are going to do the Equilter relief quilts to come your way . I just need to get a couple of mine finished up and I can send one. I have to but binding on two of mine and they can go . We know things are ruff out there and I hope they can get the power back to those without before it really get s cold. We will keep all of you in out T&P   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Charlie, I do not think we have met so I wanted to say Hi and nice to meet you.

It just breaks my heart to think of all the people who are facing the cold weather with no power and is some cases not enough food.  They are not forgotten, our country is full of very generous and loving people and I just know that across the nation people are keeping the coast in their T&Ps  God bless you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

For those of us who may have trouble making large quilt tops, or quilting large tops, here is a link to a site that is looking for people to make blocks.  The blocks will then be assembled by other volunteers and turned into quilts.  The completed quilts will go to the same quilt drive Jeanne provided a link to on the previous page.

The pattern is scrappy, and wonky log cabin blocks, so it would be something to use us some of your scrap piles, and going to a great cause.

Here is the link where you can get more info: http://quiltinggallery.com/quilters-fun/sandy-quilt-block-drive/

Max

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 20,390

MaxNTopeka:

For those of us who may have trouble making large quilt tops, or quilting large tops, here is a link to a site that is looking for people to make blocks.  The blocks will then be assembled by other volunteers and turned into quilts.  The completed quilts will go to the same quilt drive Jeanne provided a link to on the previous page.

The pattern is scrappy, and wonky log cabin blocks, so it would be something to use us some of your scrap piles, and going to a great cause.

Here is the link where you can get more info: http://quiltinggallery.com/quilters-fun/sandy-quilt-block-drive/

Max

Thanks for sharing, Max.  This is a much more manageable commitment.  I've signed up for this one.

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,804
Points 67,570
Bonita replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 1:55 PM

Carolyn:

MaxNTopeka:

Max

Thanks for sharing, Max.  This is a much more manageable commitment.  I've signed up for this one.

Yes, i too signed up to make blocks. Thanks Max for the link.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Thank you Carolyn and Bonita!

I can manage blocks, so I'm going to clear out some scraps. I've signed up, also.

Max

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 2:53 PM

I like that quiltinggallery is working with eQuilter.  It's like we are just one big quilty family!  I signed up to be a Team Leader to put together quilts from the blocks made so get to sewing...I'm waiting for my blocks.  LOL 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 2:56 PM

I am going to go home tonight and see how many twin size or larger quilt tops I have in my personal backlog.  I know I have several.  Those would be faster to get finished!  And provide me a reason to finish them.  I am taking tomorrow off as I have a job interview in the morning and thought it made sense to just take the day off.  I need some quilt time! 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

THANK YOU!  Jeanine!  That is so wonderful you're going to be a team leader!

I'll get my wonky log cabins started this evening. See if I can get DH to cut cut cut strips for me.  I know we 'block makers' are supposed to wait for the tutorial on making the blocks, but I bet I can figure out wonky log cabins....ALL my blocks are wonky!  LOL!

Max

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Nov 6 2012 5:50 PM

Jeanine, This is great that you are doing this for those in need. I have some quilt tops that are waiting for a person and the right time. This is the right time.  And, any person who need warmth, is the right person.'

God will bless everyone of the quilters who are helping His displaced flocks

Thank you, Jeanine for what you are doing for this effort.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 1:58 PM

I am on my second quilt top but these aren't bed size.  I need to get backings ready for a couple twin size quilts I have.  I am also going to get flannel together to do some rag quilts with my quilt group.

My interview went well this morning.  I put it in God's hands and feel at peace.

thanks to all of you for your big hearts!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Jeanine,

Good thoughts coming your way the interview has the results you desire!

I've got two 12 1/2" + wonky  LC blocks made this afternoon, and a BIG stack of strips cut and ready to make more.

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 20,390

Nice work, Max!  My social calendar this week is crippling, but I'm committed to working on it Saturday.  I'll spend all morning freezing my butt off volunteering at a Walk to Cure Diabetes.  I'm signed up as a "floater," which means I have to do whatever they want me to do (and so will probably get stuck with something awful like making sure kids behave in the bouncy house obstacle course (what were they thinking?))  Anyway, I expect to be ready for some quilting time that afternoon.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 7 2012 3:29 PM

Jeanine I to just signed up to be a team leader, I think this is the best way I can help those out east.I have pleanty of free time and it will give me something to work on for a good reason. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Carolyn:
which means I have to do whatever they want me to do (and so will probably get stuck with something awful like making sure kids behave in the bouncy house obstacle course

Oh, gosh!  Carolyn, let's hope they let you do some easy, like directing traffic.   Just keep repeating "I will get to sew".

Max

Page 12 of 22 (316 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use