Top 10 Posters

Hi all! Fibromyalgia and Migraine sufferer.

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 265
Jacqueline VH Posted: Tue, Oct 23 2012 9:07 AM

I joined in September, but this is my first post!

I have been quilting for about 17 years. Don't have many quilts at home, as I give them all away.

I am also a wife and mother to two boys, ages 21 and 14.

I suffer from Fibromyalgia and Chronic daily Migraines and am on Disability. Due to the migraines, I can only sew about 15-30 mins a day. This has scaled back my productivity, as you can imagine!!!

Christian.

Canadian.

Hope to meet some nice people on here!

Thanks!

• | Post Points: 140
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Jacqueline and welcome to QCA. I hope you will be able to spend some time with us and I look forward to getting to know you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 9:27 AM

Welcome Jacqueline.  I hope you enjoy your time with us.   Sorry to hear about your health issues.  It is so irritating not to be able to do what we want to do.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 9:29 AM

Jacqueline, welcome to the club, 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 9:58 AM

Welcome Jacqueline, you've come to the right place to meet nice people, they're the best!  Enjoy.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,280
Points 173,403
Marie replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 10:01 AM

Forgot to mention your Avatar, is that one of your quilts?  It's beautiful!  Can you post a larger picture of it, we love seeing pics of your projects.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 10:06 AM

Hi Jacqueline, welcome to QCA.  Where in Canada do you live?  I live about 30 miles south of the US-CA border in Washington State.

So sorry your health interferes with your quilting.  I am sure it is very frustrating for you!!!  I have visual migraines, but usually they are not frequent...thank the lord.  Unfortunately, I have had a lot of them in the last 10 days, so I understand a little about your frustration.  Do you have auras with your migraines?  (Mine seem to be very atypical.)

Hope you have some relief soon and can do more of the quilting you seem to love as much as the rest of us.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 10:10 AM

Hi Jacqueline - I am very happy to meet you - I am so sorry for the FMS and CDM that you suffer.  I am happy that you are able to get disability.  I wish you were able to sew more as it does take us away from the pains we suffer.  I do not know what I would do if I couldn't get away from the pain.  I know with migraines the light probably bothers you and it is difficult to sew with no light.  

I hope that you will get some relief soon and that maybe you can share some of your pictures of your quilts with us - I for one would love to see them.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 265

Hi Donna, I live in Pitt Meadows, BC

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 18
Points 265

Marie-my avatar is one of Carol Doak's patterns. Don't know the name, sorry.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,358
Points 414,929
gini replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 11:52 AM

hi jacqueline, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,472
Points 362,082
Kris replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 2:39 PM

Welcome Jacqueline.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,119
Points 14,425
Dawn replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 3:00 PM

Hi!  Welcome!  You will love this site and the quilters here!  They are helpful and fun!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,327
Points 27,985
Marsha-SM replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 3:04 PM

Jacqueline VH:

I suffer from Fibromyalgia and Chronic daily Migraines and am on Disability. Due to the migraines, I can only sew about 15-30 mins a day. This has scaled back my productivity, as you can imagine!!!

Welcome to QCA and you are not alone.  There are many Fibro and/or Migraine quilters here, so we understand what you are going through.  I have days when 15 minutes is my limit also - - usually due to the pain in my back and legs.  I have to spend a lot of time in a recliner, so do a lot of hand quilting. Some days I have to force myself to go to the machine - yesterday was one of those days - but once I got there, I felt so much better.  I actually got a lot done.  I still have the light and noise sensitivity, and mild headaches, but fortunately age has helped the migraines - one benefit of growning older. 

I would like to spend more time here with everyone, but we have very poor internet service and the site has also had problems, so I can't respond very often. So far today, the site has been working and I have been able to post.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Jacqueline - I think most of us would go into withdrawal if we could only quilt for 15 - 30 minutes a day.  Welcome to the family.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use