Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 380
Wendy Posted: Sun, Oct 21 2012 2:15 PM

I am so proud of myself as I have mastered meandering at long last. It was not as difficult as I thought. I used two pieces of non slip tray covers the size of my hands, and used them to control the feed of fabric. They were much easier than using gloves.I am looking forward to looking round your stores when I come over next year for 6 weeks from Scotland. Woo Hoo !

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 3:10 PM

Wendy, I am very happy for you - meandering is like doodling to me - I like it a lot - but I think I don't do it absolutely correct as I cross over my lines and do figure 8's and draw pictures as I am meandering across the quilt - I think for true meandering you are not supposed to cross any sewing line but I don't much care - teehee... and again congratulations!  I like the F&P quilting gloves the best.  they make them in different sizes which helps me to fit my hands.  

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

WTG Wendy, it feels good when you finally figure something out. I hope you have a wonderful trip and find lots of wonderful stores to shop!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 5:33 PM

Wendy, that is wonderful. I must learn machine quilting but just keep putting it off.Pproblem is my smaller quits can't be done on the longarm so either I learn or hand quilt them. And I am not fond of hand quilting either. I like piecing.

What machine do you have/ I have a Brother.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,841
Points 248,939
Barbara replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 5:41 PM

Wendy ,WTG , Quilting is not hard just takes pratice. Gee if you are coming here next year ,let some of us know where you will be ,we'd love to meet you and have lunch or shop hop .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,709
Points 248,377
Thea replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 5:44 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Pproblem is my smaller quits can't be done on the longarm
Sukochi, any size quilt can be done on a long arm - I have even seen them do different clothes on long arms - plus table runners and place mats... 

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, Oct 21 2012 8:41 PM

Way to go Wendy!  Where will you be located next year when you visit?

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,117
Points 29,755
Ramona replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 4:14 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Wendy, that is wonderful. I must learn machine quilting but just keep putting it off.Pproblem is my smaller quits can't be done on the longarm so either I learn or hand quilt them. And I am not fond of hand quilting either. I like piecing.

What machine do you have/ I have a Brother.

You can do any size quilt on a longarm machine. Now, don't laugh here!  I actually quilted my Alzheimer auction quilt on my longarm and it was less than 9 x 12 inches.  It got a lot of chuckles from one of my friends seeing that little quilt on my  Gammill 14 ft table. I have to hand it to anyone who can quilt on their home machines. I never could get the hang of it.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use