Page 5 of 5 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 68 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 5:20 PM

Well since we are confessing................I went out to the Apple Store in Dedham, Legacy Place, with my son Chris and Jack, MDH, bought me an Ipad mini for my birthday/Christmas present.  I'm loving it so far but still a long way to go before I will learn all it will do.  Any help from you all will be greatly appreciated.  Just played with it for a little while this afternoon but tonight in front of the TV I'll get more acquainted.  

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,409
Points 62,070
Bonita replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 5:29 PM

Joni:
have an ACER Android, with WIFI...love it, internet, books, games.  The size is just right for travel and i can also use MIFI when no WIFI available.

Joni, that's what I have too. I love it and as soon as I figure out how to send a reply back to the qca I really will love it. I can send e-mails to family and friends just not to this site. ???

Congrats Marie on your new toy.You're going to love it. And a Happy Birthday to you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 5:46 PM

Thanks Bonita but don't rush things, I have til the 21st to say I'm 74.  :  )  Hell I'll be three quarters of a century old soon.  WOW can't even believe it!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,267
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 5:51 PM

Marie:
I went out to the Apple Store in Dedham, Legacy Place, with my son Chris and Jack, MDH, bought me an Ipad mini for my birthday/Christmas present.  I'm loving it so far but still a long way to go before I will learn all it will do.  Any help from you all will be greatly appreciated.  Just played with it for a little while this afternoon but tonight in front of the TV I'll get more acquainted.

Woo hoo Marie. Nice gift you got. They're fun to play with. The more you play the more you learn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,267
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 5:54 PM

Maggie:

Thanks Kris, so far it does everything I need it to do but haven't really read from it.   I got a reference book from the library and loaded it and reading was good but so far the physical books I have wanted haven't been available as an ebook yet.  I'm too cheap to buy them      Glad you got your Nook early!

Maggie,

I always check the library before I get a book. There are certain authors I buy but I, too, am cheap this way. I also wait for under $5. and free Fridays.

DH and I actually bought the Nook for his niece so it was funny when I got the same thing from his parents. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 5:56 PM

Marie , WTG ,I kinda did that except I got a Kindle Fire HD,  and A fabulous leather book cover for it . I'm loving it . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 3:48 PM

Barbara:

Marie , WTG ,I kinda did that except I got a Kindle Fire HD,  and A fabulous leather book cover for it . I'm loving it . Barbara

Way to go Barbara, we do have to treat ourselves once and awhile.  I haven't looked into the book part of my "Mini", that's her name, but I've been on QCA, taken pics and generally browsing so far.  I found a free app for figuring out how much fabric to buy for a particular pattern, how to figure out the triangles for an on point layout, etc.  I think I'm really going to love it.

Millbury, MA

replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 4:06 PM

Marie:

Barbara:

Way to go Barbara, we do have to treat ourselves once and awhile.  I haven't looked into the book part of my "Mini", that's her name, but I've been on QCA, taken pics and generally browsing so far.  I found a free app for figuring out how much fabric to buy for a particular pattern, how to figure out the triangles for an on point layout, etc.  I think I'm really going to love it.

Block Fab HD is a free app. Try that if you already don't have it.  Great site......  Congrats on IPad!   I love mine!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,036
Points 169,793
Marie replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 10:41 AM

Thanks Candis, I put it on a list to add when I get to know Mini better.

Millbury, MA

Page 5 of 5 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use