rated by 0 users
This post has 68 Replies | 10 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 1:12 PM

Maggie

The kindle doesn't have an sd slot but you can save everything onto "the cloud" and not have it on the device all the time.   You just click on the cloud button and pull up whatever it is that you want to see.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 3:28 PM

Maggie:
guess I'll have to check on the formats each tablet uses and if it can take an SD card. 

The Nook tablets have micro SD card slots, ipads and kindles don't. All have "cloud" services. 

I like an SD slot since I have files from before these devices became available that I would want to use. I'm going to Barnes and Noble this weekend to play with their Nooks.

• | Post Points: 0
replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 3:46 PM

Ditto!! I love my Ipad 2. I keep in touch with my family in Oklahome and Alaska and Texas. We face time all the time. I love chillin out on the couch some times, and just surfing the web, of coarse I am looking at quilting things, my fav. thing to do.......It definatly  is an appendage!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,477
Points 46,525

I was getting ready to order the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 on Amazon then I started reading the reviews. I had already read "professional" reviews that were very good, but the everyday folks had quite a few bad reviews. The majority were good, but the bad ones were scary. After reading reviews on various tablets I am afraid to order any of them. I am not a techie and need somone to hold my hand. LOL!  Guess I won't be buying anything for a while. I have a Kindle that my son and dil gave me for Christmas last year and I don't "need" anything else, but I reallllllly want one. I am pathetic, roflol. I guess Kris has the right idea. I need to go somewhere that actually has the tablets so I could try them out.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

Your not pathetic Pat, you just like new toys...:)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 6:09 PM

Pat Lancaster:
I don't "need" anything else, but I reallllllly want one. I am pathetic, roflol.

I used to buy every new gadget that came out but now I spend it on fabric. I don't have an iPad since I really love my Mac Book but it's getting hard to resist.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,477
Points 46,525

I figure a tablet is cheaper than a longarm and doesn't need near as much space. AND, I could put all my quilting magazines on it and have more room on the shelves for more fabric! I'm convinced, lol.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604

Sounds good to me Pat, I say go for it!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,584
Points 54,511
Sandy H. replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 6:55 PM

I have the nook tablet and I love it.  I can do anything on QCA except post.  It will bring up the box to enter a post but not the keyboard.  I took it to my Barnes & Noble store and the tech tried it but he couldn't get it to work either.  He thought it was because the site does not have a mobile app.  It would be nice if that feature worked, but I got the Nook primarily for reading and it is great for that.  It's also great for watching movies.

Southwest Florida

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 7:04 PM

Pat Lancaster:

I figure a tablet is cheaper than a longarm and doesn't need near as much space. AND, I could put all my quilting magazines on it and have more room on the shelves for more fabric! I'm convinced, lol.

Pat,

I like your logic.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 8:03 PM

Good logic!    After spending the day learning more than I ever wanted to know about tablets,  I am now thinking about the Google Nexus 7.   Seems like it has the features I want and the reviews are really good.      Sigh.......has anyone had any experience with it?    The Jellybean OS is supposed to be far superior to its predecessory, Ice Cream Sandwich -- I gained 10 pounds just reading about those operating systems....LOL

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 8:09 PM

Pat, I agree on the Galaxy Tab -- the reviews for everyday use aren't that great.    A lot of the carriers only "simulate" the internet.   So far I haven't seen anything really bad about the Nexus.  I like Google and Android and the Nexus can utilize my itunes library and movies.    I use itunes so I can transfer to an iPod but don't buy from the itunes store.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,477
Points 46,525

The reason I was looking at the Galaxy Tab was the 10" screen. The Nexus is only 7. My Kindle is something like 7 and I can read it. However, I just read that there is a rumor that Nexus is coming out with a 32G for $249 for the holidays. That would be worth waiting for. I think there are advantages and disadvantages to each one. We just have to decide which has the most advantages. That is the hard part.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,671
Points 65,735
Bonita replied on Thu, Oct 18 2012 9:50 PM

I have the Acer tablet and I love it. The price was right and it does everything the I-Pad does. I haven't tried to post toQCA yet.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,477
Points 46,525

This morning I got an email that said there is an app for Ipad that allows you to watch your Craftsy classes. I assumed that if you could surf the net that you could watch Craftsy or anything else for that matter. Do any of you tablet owners watch Craftsy or QNNTV on your tablet? I also spent time looking for magazines you could get on the Nexus and Quilters World was the only quilting mag I could find.. That ruins my plan for making space for more fabric, lol. Anyone know if you get magazines on your pc could you then get them on your tablet?

Page 2 of 5 (69 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use