Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 83 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 81 82 83 84 85 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 6:15 PM

Patti, I love it, the colors a perfect together.  Can't wait to see all the quilts with borders.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 6:38 PM

I love all the color combinations yet they're all so different! I've got mine on the design board, not yet sewn together because I keep moving them around. I may wait to see what Nana has for the borders. I did a 7X7 layout.

I had to take a quilt top off the design board. Our quilt guild sponsored a workshop with Colleen Wise, a 3D quilt called Emerald City. Fairly simple yet the results look very complicated.

Lots of fun!

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 7:01 PM

Everyone has been so busy. I'm loving all the tops and color choices.

Love your 3-d quilt Judy.

Here's my step 3.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 75
Points 1,320

Judy, I tried the non-slip stickies and didn't have much success with them -- are you using Invisigrip?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 8:17 PM

I like the small adhesive sandpaper dots to keep my rulers from slipping.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 8:25 PM

I love your playful prints, JudyEE!  Did you square up your blocks?  If not, they should be a little bit taller than wider (8.5x9, I think), so you'll have to make sure they are all orientated the same way.  By the way, did you ever see my posting of your house block that I saw on display in Minneapolis?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 9:17 PM

Nana:
Thanks so much with the pics in this tutorial.  Unfortunately this hasn't been my best effort with leading the mystery.  There have just been too many interruptions in my life.

Not a problem Nana,

I figured something was amiss with you when there wasn't any response.  I'm glad I could help.  I have also done this pattern before.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,085

I got the blocks sewn together. I agonized over whether to use sashing strips. Especially when I saw the beautiful tops that were being posted, I decided not to use strips. I got my blocks arranged on the wall. George came in and said "It needs something to define the blocks".  I had to agree with him. Then I agonized over what fabric to used. Dark, light, what??? I finally settled on a soft yellow. I sewed together four blocks to make one block and then squared it up to 16-1/2". Now I'll wait for the next step. I have six of the small blocks left and will probably use them on the back. Tomorrow I'll finish the Easy Street four patch.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 9:32 PM

lcqultr46:
I've got mine on the design board

Your MQ 7 and Emerald City are both wonderful.  I just love the 3-D quilt designs.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 9:36 PM

Bonita:
Here's my step 3.

Bonita I really love the fabric in this quilt.  Is it still current and if so who makes it and what is is called?  I'd like to get some if possible.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 9:41 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I got the blocks sewn together.

Nice original interpretation, Judy.  My DH also likes to get involved in the creative process.  We were just discussing a quilting pattern for my Virginia Reel quilt.  Not that I'm doing that anytime soon.  I don't have a place to stretch it out - 103 x 103.  But he has gotten used to the idea of moving the sewing room upstairs. YEAH!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 10:01 PM

I like your sashed variation, Judy.  It will be interesting to see how the border works into this.  

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,600
Points 119,085

MNnancy:

I like your sashed variation, Judy.  It will be interesting to see how the border works into this.  

Thanks Nancy, I'm curious to see how it will work also. A mystery in a mystery!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 199
Points 3,575

Judy,

I'm going to try sashing on mine as well. I haven't even sewn the blocks together yet.... but (to me) the tops are beautiful, but chaotic without the sashing. I have tons of colors and prints....I'm afraid it would just look like a big mess. I'll have the same agonizing debate.... I can say that I am most likely going to sash mine in a tonal black (not even sure I have anything on hand that will work for that), but we will see once I get some blocks laid out and start to play. Makes it so much harder because I have a million blocks. (Every other MQ I've done has been an actual pattern.....not that this isn't a pattern, but they've been more defined).... so.... now I'm taking 50 things into consideration instead of just 10 LOL! I'm not making anything bigger than a lap quilt with this, so I'll have several I guess. Maybe for hee hees and ha has I'll sash one and not sash one and see which one is more pleasing to my eye in the end :)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Sat, Nov 24 2012 11:49 PM

Thanks Mimi. I'm not too ssure what I'm going to do with the MQ7, I like the way Judy T.s sashing looks,  but I think a black tonal would go better with all the brights.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Page 83 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 81 82 83 84 85 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use