Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 42 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 40 41 42 43 44 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 8:03 PM

Wendy, I have to agree that if I HAD to choose between one color group or the other, I would also choose the one on the top, because of the bright, bold colors. I'm not really a big pastel fan, but I do like what you've done in the second grouping as well. Those kids will be grateful. My friend and I are in the process of making quilts for a boys' shelter, with delivery for Christmas. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they see what we've done with novelty prints, etc.! 

(Isn't giving WONDERFUL?!)

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Tracy:
Now quit stalling and start cutting, lady! :)

LOL, I'm hoping to get after it tomorrow. I really must get the labels for the grand-kids quilts at least started 1st.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Wendy :
Thought I would start with two and go from there.

I'm having a hard time getting one cut out and you are doing two - sure makes me look like a slacker... LOL

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 885
Jenny replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 8:13 PM

I love the top choice...i actually chose a Christmas theme as well!

• Filed under:
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 8:14 PM

Spudgrandma:

Here are my fabric choices...

Lovely fabrics, Spud, and they coordinate so well.  Am I miscounting or are you making an extra large quilt?  It looks like way more than Nana recommended.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 8:23 PM

Debbie:

ok, picture of my material.  please let me know which ones to use. 

Debbie, are you hoping to get this down to ten fabrics as others are doing?  It's hard to accurately assess color on the computer screen, but I think maybe you could eliminate the two on top of the left pile, and then you'd have ten fabrics showing a nice blend of pinks, blues, and browns.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 130
Points 2,520
JAP replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 8:41 PM

Spudgrandma, thanks for letting me know about your experience.  I don't have the money to invest in a new mat so I'll take your advice.  To save money I've been using dull rotary cutting blades which is causing bursitis in my neck and shoulders (too much pressure needed to cut through even two layers.  I believe new blades will help more than a new mat. 

I haven't completed Step 1 yet.  Looks like everyone is having fun.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,733
Points 66,630
Bonita replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 8:46 PM

Pretty colors to work with Spudgrandma.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 8:47 PM

JAP:
I haven't completed Step 1 yet.  Looks like everyone is having fun.

I haven't cut mine yet, either. I'm trying to finish up my flannel rag quilt first before I cut either of the two mystery quilts I'll be doing - this one and my guild's.  Sometimes it pays not to be the first horse out of the gate.  Three corrections have already been issued for the guild's mystery quilt.  Glad I didn't cut yet!  :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

MNnancy:
Lovely fabrics, Spud, and they coordinate so well.  Am I miscounting or are you making an extra large quilt?  It looks like way more than Nana recommended.

Thank you Nancy. I'm not sure if it is too much. I want it larger, especially longer as I'm the shortest in our family. Also, these are FQs and I thought you needed 20 FQs but then I'm probably totally confused. I'm kind of waiting for Nana to weigh in.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

JAP:

I believe new blades will help more than a new mat.

I totally agree JAP; also, it is hard to get an accurate, clean cut with a dull blade.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Thank you Bonita!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,453
Points 40,785
Mimi replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 11:14 PM

Well Spud, I'm not Nana but I'm up doing school work still and thought I'd tell you my experience.  When I had a full WOF cut (42") I could get two 5 1/2 x 9 1/2 pieces, two 2 x 9 1/2 pieces and two 3 1/2 x 9 1/2 pieces from one 5 1/2 strip.  When I used a FQ I could only get one of each of the pieces from each single cut.  So each FQ should be able to make 2 cuts at 5 1/2 inches.  Maybe three if you're lucky and don't slip like I do.  Don't mean to take Nana's thunder.  Just telling my experience.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Sun, Nov 11 2012 11:29 PM

Spud    I love your fabric choices

wendy, both of your selections are great and whoever receives them will surely treasure them.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 34
Points 590
Sharon replied on Mon, Nov 12 2012 12:09 AM

Nice to meet you also, can't wait to see how everyone's fabric choices come together,,,,

Sharon

Quilters are sew Happy.....

Page 42 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 40 41 42 43 44 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use