Top 10 Posters

Are you ready for MQ7

Page 121 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 119 120 121 122 123 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,106 Replies | 85 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

ls2116:
I pinned each side indiviually to batting then i was gonna sandwich them together and sew for reversible tablecloth

I would think that this would make it way too thick to use as a table cloth, maybe quilt them individually to a light weight flannel then put them together as Marie suggested.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,372
Points 175,018
Marie replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 1:41 PM

I did get that wrong Is, sorry.  I checked Eleanor Burns method in one of my books and she Lays backing and top facing each other, (in your case put both tops facing each other) sews around leaving a 24" opening then she cuts a piece of batting the size of the top, lays that out nice and flat, places the quilt wrong side down on top of the batting.  This is where it gets difficult to explain but I'll try.  She suggests having at least two people doing this.  Grab the corners and roll towards the opening and force the quilt through the opening and there you go you have a table clothe.  Use thin batting and quilt as you desire after sewing the opening closed.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Is, could you do a meandering stitch or loop-de-loop or just something simple that doesn't have to match up with the lines?  That way, it wouldn't matter that you can't see the bottom/reverse side.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,372
Points 175,018
Marie replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 2:03 PM

Is, I had to edit what I put in my last post.  I corrected "batting to batting" to read "backing and top" facing each other.  I get all my QCA posts in my email and it came through the wrong way.  So be sure you go to the "Are you ready for MQ7" thread, it's correct there.  Hope I didn't make matters more confusing for you, I'm certainly confused now.  LOL

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,548
Points 23,405
Susie replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 2:08 PM

I have my borders planned, and started.  BUT!  What I want to do for the corners is giving me fits.  Since I have a meeting tonight, I'm going to put it away (read: bunch it up on my table), go to my meeting, and work on it with fresh eyes tomorrow.  I wish I had something like eq to help me figure out my block.  Darn it anyway...dumb unemployment so I can't buy myself such an awesome present!

I'll take pictures of it tomorrow and maybe one of you can help me figure out how to make my corner blocks.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Susie:
Since I have a meeting tonight, I'm going to put it away (read: bunch it up on my table), go to my meeting, and work on it with fresh eyes tomorrow. 

I find that coming back the next days is a good idea when you cannot figure something out. I look forward to your picture.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

BTW Susie, you can still do it the old fashioned way and use paper and colored pencils and get a really good idea how it is going to look. I still do that sometimes cause you can cut the squares out and then just play with them and I have EQ. Have fun and I'm anxious to see what you come up with.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

Susie:

I have my borders planned, and started.  BUT!  What I want to do for the corners is giving me fits.  Since I have a meeting tonight, I'm going to put it away (read: bunch it up on my table), go to my meeting, and work on it with fresh eyes tomorrow.  I wish I had something like eq to help me figure out my block.  Darn it anyway...dumb unemployment so I can't buy myself such an awesome present!

I'll take pictures of it tomorrow and maybe one of you can help me figure out how to make my corner blocks.

Well, I got mine together this morning and like you Susie, the corners gave me fits also.

xoxoxo

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280

I don't know if I missed some instructions or if this was too much for me to tackle... well it is as done as it is going to be done. and now, I think I'm done with Mystery Quilts. I seem to spend a lot of money on fabric then they just kind of turn out not looking anything that I'm really proud of. The price of fabric is almost now at the point of double within the past 8 years, so guess that is the cost of inflation that we are not suppose to be having. So, thank you all for the wonderful fun and good luck to all of you in this and the next challenges. I'll stay around just to see what you are all up to and to encourage you.

xoxoxo,

• | Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 3:43 PM

moonmist, I really like your florals.  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Jean:
moonmist, I really like your florals.  

Me too!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 5:30 PM

Karla:
I finally finished the MQ7 top

Beautiful job, Karla.  I love the bright pinks and yellows.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,737
Points 66,695
Bonita replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 5:35 PM

Very pretty Karla.the black frames it nicely.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,455
Points 40,810
Mimi replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 5:38 PM

Ms MoomMist:
I got mine together this morning

MMM I'm so sorry you had problems with the corners.  But I'm glad you didn't give up.  I love your floral quilt.  It reminds me of spring.  Great job!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,728
Points 364,677
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 5:47 PM

Ms MoomMist:
Well, I got mine together this morning and like you Susie, the corners gave me fits also.

It's really pretty. I like the white with your florals. Sorry you had such a tough go of it.

Page 121 of 141 (2107 items) « First ... < Previous 119 120 121 122 123 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use