Embordiery Machine???????

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 20
Points 535
JeanneMarie Posted: Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:25 PM

OK---I've got in my head to look into an embordiery machine.  I have a good and reliable sewing machine, which I really love, a Janome 6500,but some have only embordiery and some are sewing and embordiery.  Am wondering any of you that have an only embordiery machine, what kind?  I feel I wouldn't use it  that much, but like anything else, it would be nice to have when I needed it.  Don't want to spend a whole lot of money on this machine as I have seen them for around $400.00. Looking at a Brother brand---but know there is others out there.  Just have to know if it is worth it or not. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,574
Points 36,060
ls2116 replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 10:41 PM

It really depends on the size of the hooping area that it will give you and designs is it internet accesible through the machine to a library of designs.  I have two embroidery machines viking 1+ and pffaff 7570 bought them new and really never used the embroidery because the hoops were just too small and I found out how much thread you can go through.  Plus I worked in a embroidery shop.  I really only used the embroidery feature once in a quilt.  Todays machines are better I think because of the size of the harp .  compare and try before you buy.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 69
Points 1,235

Jeanne Marie,

I have a Janome 350 embroidery machine and I love it. You have 2 different size hoops that come with it. You can download more designs from a computer with the usb. The only thing is, you will spend more then 400 dollars for it. Embroidery machines are fun to use. Take your time looking and I'm sure you will find one you love. Good Luck !

Quiltlady66

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310

I have a Singer Quantum embroidery machine -- I think it cost around $700.00.  I don't like it as it has to be hooked up to a computer to use the embroidery portion -- no built in patterns at all.  When I upgraded to a Win7 computer, I couldn't use the program to do the emboidery part without an expensive upgrade.  It ended up being an expensive experiment in futility.  

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use