Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 20 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,914
Points 420,634
gini replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 7:31 PM

the electoral college was put into place when it was harder for everyone to vote, and remember, only upstanding  white male property owners were allowed to vote back then; and we only had a few states.   i guess they thought it would be easier to assemble a small number of select men to vote for the many.  for the most part the electoral college has worked the way it was intended, but you are right it is pretty outdated now-a-days.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,914
Points 420,634
gini replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 7:34 PM

i have voted early when we were going to be gone, sam has voted already.  i kinda like the pomp of going in and signing  my name and having my name called out.  it seems more official and more of an event to me.   besides, it's nice to see what the little old ladies taking the ballots are knitting this year.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,757
Points 120,645
Linny t replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 7:44 PM

I vote in a trailer park community hall here in Florida.  All the volunteers look like raisins and they are so very proud to be of use and so very friendly - as long as you don't walk in the wrong line or door.  The ladies are always sporting some unique, patriotic, hand-made hat or pin or something.  I delight in them every time I go and think yup, that's my next stop in life, lol.  

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,115
Points 69,605
Bonita replied on Tue, Oct 23 2012 7:44 PM

Early voting starts here in Fl on the 27 th. Don't want to stand in line on Sat when a lot of folks are off work. So I'll go on Monday early in the morning. I'll be glad when it's over and done with as I'm tired of all the unknown name's calling me on the phone.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,421
Points 26,700

My husband & I voted Monday.  We live in a rural community & they have the voting set up at our community library.  There are 3 voting machines & they were full when we got there, but we only had a 5 minute wait.  There were others waiting when we were leaving too.  Alot of people in our area vote early to avoid the crowds.  Voting is a privilege not all countries enjoy so I make a point to vote in every election whether national or local.  You don't have the right to complain about your government if you don't exercise your right to vote! (My opinion.) 

Hope everyone votes whether it is early or on election day!  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,343
Points 254,944
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 24 2012 10:08 AM

OH yes I plan to vote ,I was one of the first one's to vote back when they passed the law for 18 year olds to vote and have been ever since , I would not miss it for anything.  I usally go on election day to vote .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2017 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.