Q about Juki long arm

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
735 Posts
Points 18,400
Brigit-Carol posted on Tue, Oct 9 2012 8:05 AM

Can anyone tell me about this machine?  Juki TL-2010 longarm.  I gather it is a sit down longarm and the price is fabulous compared to others.  Do you own one or have any experience with it?
http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/jukitl2010q-asgsm.php

I had thought of saving my pennies for a Janome 7700, but this Juki is so cheap and my current Janome sews well and has all the features I need (except for the harp length), I'd come out better finanically if the Juki is a good machine for the actual quilting. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 75 Contributor
1,368 Posts
Points 19,455

Belfrybat,

Do you have a dealer nearby who sells Juki where you could ask questions and try it out?  Sometimes dealers will match online prices but even if you don't buy from the dealer, you could at least check it out.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

Hi Belfrybat. I looked at the link and could not find where it says how big the harp it, but it looks like their 9" one. If that is the case, I would just say that they are good machines, but I if all you want to do with it is quilt you should be able to get a 9" Brother 1500S for less than that and Juki made one that just did straight stitch and had a 9" throat for about the same price as the Brother. I paid abt $700 (it was 4+ years ago) for my Brother that I used on my frame. At the time, I looked at both of them and ended up with the Brother, it has been a wonderful machine.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

I just looked at it again and while I still can not find where it tells how big the throat is, it does have some cool features that my brother does not have and the Juki that I looked at before did not have. So, maybe that is the difference in the price. I agree, that it would be good if you could find a dealer so you could actually check them out before buying. The dealer that carries the Juki here also carries the Brother so I got to look at both of them.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
735 Posts
Points 18,400

Thank you both for your replies.  I did find out that it only has a 9" harp, which doesn't seem very big to me (not my defiinition of "longarm").  I'll probably be in Austin in January and will find a dealer to look at different machines.  I thought it was just too good for the price. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
9,443 Posts
Points 127,624

I'm not sure how they are getting away with calling a 9" throat a longarm. I now have a Fun Quilter with an 18" throat and it is not considered a longarm.  Good luck with your search....

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use