Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715
Judy T-Bellingham Posted: Sat, Oct 6 2012 4:50 PM

I posted in the main forum but then realized Admin probably wouldn't see it unless I posted it here.

Admin:

You may be interested to know a potential premium membership was lost today. I had recommended QCA to a fellow quilter. She called me today and said she was trying to get on and couldn't. She thought she may be doing something wrong. I told her there have been frequent problems with the site and hopefully it would be taken care of at some point but it had been ongoing for some time. She decided not to join at all.

Plus, if the problems don't get ironed out, I'll probably drop my premium membership when it comes due in the spring. I love this site but can't see paying for something I can't always access.

It's not necessary to send me the standard reply "We appreciate.....we're working on the problem.....yadda yadda". I already know all that. I would like to see results, not pats on the head to appease me.

Have a nice day and I hope the site is still available when I click on send.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310

I had planned on buying a premium membership when I first found this site, but thankfully decided to hold off.  With sometimes a whole day lost and what appears to be absolutely no interest of the admins to communicate with the group about planned outages, I just can't see the value of paying for something that doesn't work.   On every other forum/ internet group I've been on the admins keep the members informed of what is happening to fix problems, announcing when the site will be down for maintenance and on some even including setting up an alternative site for people to go to when the main site is down.  It's a pity the admins on this site do not appear to be involved enough to bother communicating with the members, especially the paid members.  I hope they at least extend your membership by the number of days the site is down.

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 6:38 PM

This is nuts!  I have tried this site on and off all day and it has been down.  I noticed by looking at the times on today's posts that it has been down from around 7 AM to just after 5 PM.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,085
ls2116 replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 7:51 PM

i noticed it went down to and kept saying error messages, and i just bought another year.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 9:06 PM

I recnetly bought another year, too. Sorry I did that.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 9:31 PM

We could start our own group on facebook and call it disgruntled former QCA members.  That way we could communicate without problems. 

I do plan to keep my membership for awhile.  How else to let others know about our retreats?  I have met so many good people here, but without improvement I will eventually drop my membership too.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,085
ls2116 replied on Sat, Oct 6 2012 9:35 PM

my avatar keeps dissapearing in all the mess .

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715

Patti:
I do plan to keep my membership for awhile.  How else to let others know about our retreats? 

Unless I'm mistaken, we can still be part of the groups without the premium membership. 

Even though I'm frustrated with Admin for not bothering to keep us informed, this is still a fantastic website.  I hope they realize they could go a long way to keeping us as paying members if they would just communicate! And I don't mean those generic messages from QCA Mandy about how they are working on the problem. It really makes me wonder if anyone in charge is actually listening or if our complaints and concerns go no further than Mandy. She may be tearing her hair out also.

As fine as Facebook may be, it really doesn't have many of the amenities we have here.

Too bad we can't march on QCA carrying signs that say "TALK TO US, QUILTERS ARE PEOPLE TOO". LOL

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310

Patti:

We could start our own group on facebook and call it disgruntled former QCA members.  That way we could communicate without problems. 

I do plan to keep my membership for awhile.  How else to let others know about our retreats?  I have met so many good people here, but without improvement I will eventually drop my membership too.

I'm not a paid member and am on several groups, including the retreats.  I have signed up for the Branson retreat.  If I have to be a paid member to do that, then I just won't go as I refuse to pay for this kind of poor service. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,099
Points 24,755
Agnes replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 9:06 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Unless I'm mistaken, we can still be part of the groups without the premium membership. 

I am just a sign in member, no money changed hands and as far as the forum goes I have not  been denied access. I can access all the groups, have friends, etc without problem provided the site is functioning as it should. Only when I stray to the left hand bars or want to watch their videos may I encounter denial. I figure the premier membership's biggest attribute is the coupons, etc and since I don't travel to the US, hardly ever leave the perimeter of the city, that would be a waste of money. I used to blame my computer for being slow. With the new computer the only aggravation I have is with this site. The other quilting forums don't seem to have this issue.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,152
Points 15,790
Erin replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 9:21 AM

I bought premium membership for the 'extra's" and it was a waste of money. With the site being down so much, cannot access video's on QNN most of the time and a lot of the coupon codes do not work either.  I do enjoy the magazine but I can go buy them when ever I want.  When QCA is down I go to the other quilt boards I belong to without a hitch. Also, most of the issues occur when they are sponsoring contests and large amounts of people are signing up/ checking winners. I know a lot of them are not premium members (not saying anything bad about that, just making a point) so why should I pay when I can play for free too?? With that said, I won't be renewing membership next May. I'm sure they won't miss my $30 but if a bunch of us don't renew, maybe they will finally figure out how to fix the issues?!?!?!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 9:45 AM

Hi everyone ,while I was in Des Moines I did get to meet Carla who is the person in charge of all this , and she assures me they have gotten all over the provider of this web site about the problems . Adm is just as frustrated as we are over the issues of this site but it is out of their hands . what we should do is contact Crafts Media and start bugging the crap out of them to get this site fixed. I just wanted all of you to know they are really as aggravated as we are that the problems are still going on. I spent quite some time talking with Carla at the F&P shop when we  were there  about all of this . I also passed on some suggestion for some better navigation for our new members and some things I have read to help improve our service here . She was very interested in hearing these things and wanted to thank all of you for your input she does get them and reads them .. I told here I would let all of you know this . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,121
Points 110,715

Barbara:
Hi everyone ,while I was in Des Moines I did get to meet Carla who is the person in charge of all this , and she assures me they have gotten all over the provider of this web site about the problems . Adm is just as frustrated as we are over the issues of this site but it is out of their hands .

I'm sure Admin is tearing their hair out. BUT, I can't imagine it's out of their hands. If they threaten to pull out of Crafts Media I betcha they would get it fixed pronto. I've worked with web administrators and providers over the past 40 years and Admin does have the power to make the provider jump.

Admin should be communicating with us and they aren't, except for pats on the heads about "working on the problem".  I'm happy that Carla is "interested in hearing these things......." but that doesn't help much.

I love QCA, there is nothing else out there like it. It's because of all of you on QCA, directly or indirectly, that I've made most of my quilts, learned new techniques and participated in retreats, workshops etc. And, even though I won't leave the site, I will not renew my premium membership in February if the problems aren't fixed.

That's my 2 cents worth.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,484
Points 21,915
Susie replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:09 PM

I purchased the premium membership, and would do so again in a heartbeat.  The sheer amount I save at Joann's more than pays for my membership.

I, too, am frustrated as my time accessing the site is limited to begin with.  But when I am able to get on, I make sure I save copies of the free patterns & any other links that I need or may want in the future.

I've made so many friends and dearly love the interaction and support.  But, like everyone else, wish that the admins would give us a status now and then so we can be assured that they are working on it and what steps they are trying to take.  Who knows...maybe someone has dealt with technical issues in a non-quilting life and has suggestions.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,465
Points 23,995

I have pretty much been able to access this site whenever I have attempted to do so, but then I am not on here 24/7 either. I guess I am just lucky that when I go on the site it is working.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use