TrueCut tools

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
1,129 Posts
Points 14,595
Dawn posted on Sat, Oct 6 2012 4:45 PM

I just saw these advertised in a couple quilt magazines.  Wondering if anyone out there has used them and what they think of them.  I am hopeful as I need all the help I can get!  Thanks for your input!

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,849 Posts
Points 85,825

I have not seen these before. They look good to me. But, hopefully, someone here will know about them and have used them.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
6,398 Posts
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 9:37 AM

I have been looking at the quiltcut system.  It is expensive but it takes the place of several rulers.  One can make very precise angle cuts with this too, and several at a time. 

As for now, I find my biggest problem with cutting straight is that I tend to slant my cutter slightly, so that it actually pushes the ruler off course.  My cutting goes much better if I pay attention to that one thing.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
801 Posts
Points 16,020
Sue replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 10:42 AM

Just googled this item, look like it work well, IF you can keep the ruler from slipping while cutting! LOL  Good luck and let us know if you do try it.

In The Piney Woods of Deep East Texas

Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,736 Posts
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 2:15 AM

I have one of their rotary cutters. It does not work well without their ruler. It has a piece that sticks out (supposed to ride the groove of the true cut ruler) and prevents me from seeing if the blade is next to my ruler. This piece cannot be removed. I like my rulers and will not be replacing them so this cutter is useless to me.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,849 Posts
Points 85,825

Kris, if it has a piece to fit the grooves of the ruler, why in the world, did you buy one without the ruler? Not being ugly with this question, just wondered. Do you think it would make a difference in the cutting with the truecut ruler? I will not buy one because it is just too pricey for me.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
24,736 Posts
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 5:30 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Kris, if it has a piece to fit the grooves of the ruler, why in the world, did you buy one without the ruler?

Good question. I was looking for a new rotary cutter and liked the shape of theirs. The guide that fits the ruler can be removed. The problem I had is that the part that holds the guide still sticks out after the guide is removed. 

The system would be good for some just starting out or someone willing to replace all rulers to use with this rotary cutter.

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Do you think it would make a difference in the cutting with the truecut ruler?

If you tend to veer off to the side when you get to the end of a cut this will help keep you on track. I believe JoAnn Stores sell these products. You could wait for a 50% off coupon if you really want one.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use