three monthes later

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 Posted: Fri, Oct 5 2012 2:48 PM

i'm finally going to pin my neighbors baby quilt that i made from the scraps of mq6.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 4:46 PM

Like I always say...better late then never.  It takes time to make a quilt while you keep a house, raise kids, work, buy bacon and cook it up in a pan. You are quilter.  Q  U  I  L  T  E  R!! Say it again...........

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 6:28 PM

thanks for that reply it was uplifting.  I guess the best quilts are the ones you take your time on.  So I guess its ok to let life get in the way of my quilting...so i don't do a rush job.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 7:01 PM

I have a few quilt tops that need sandwiching and quilting, that have been in the closet for 4 years!!  Every time I think of them, is around Christmas, and my LMQ is so backed up at that time. Then she says bring them in Feb. Well, by then I have forgetten about it. But, they will get to their homes someday!!

Being a quilter means having UFO's everywhere.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,426
Points 38,285
Linda replied on Sun, Oct 7 2012 9:19 PM

Not only does a quilter mean having UFOs all over the place, but it means getting up in the middle of the night with this great idea. And, you can't get back to sleep because you have to start it to make sure you have the idea correct. And you can't stop because you are on a roll. Next thing you know it's noon and the top of the quilt is done. WOW! That was a fantastic idea!!! And you did it all out of scraps and your stash. I think I have 2 pieces that would make a great backing too. Gosh, I'm terribly tired...think I'll go to bed now.

Happy quilty with a lot of quilty hugs,

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 replied on Mon, Oct 8 2012 12:31 AM

Well today I got the quilting done, and cut for the binding.  Its cute I used the scrap hst from mq6 I'll be posting it soon.  I sure do know what you mean about getting ideas for quilts in the middle of the night... it happens all the time.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,672
Points 248,547
Thea replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 9:43 AM

Sukochi, I have so many quilts on hangers waiting for me to quilt them... I made myself a pact a couple years ago that I would quilt out at least 4 of them a year - I did accomplish that in 2011 but not so far in 2012 and I have so many more that need quilting.  I am thinking of taking Barbara up on her offer to quilt them for me - I'll pay her of course but they will get done and off of my UFO list...lol  But Barbara might not get any quilting of her own done...teehee... 

ls2116... watch out about those ideas that come to you at 3 a.m.  My Caterwauling quilt would have been a manageable size if i hadn't thought of putting the blocks together with flying geese and at 3 a.m.  4x8 flying geese sounded great - those 8" added up and that quilt ended up being 114" square... a huge quilt... if I had been thinking and not dreaming I would have used a smaller flying geese and made it normal size... DH does love it though and I never end up on the bed with no blanket when he rolls up twice in the quilt... there is plenty left over for me...teeheee...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,594
Points 75,890
Karla replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 10:35 AM

I, too, have a ton of quilt tops that need quilting, but instead of putting them together, I have started two more quilt tops.  How come the quilt tops are so much more fun to make than finishing the whole quilt.  I know I have at least 20 that need to be quilted even though I have quilted and finished at least 5 of them this year.   Guess I better get busy and get some of them finished.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,346
Points 30,555
Agnes replied on Wed, Oct 10 2012 2:49 PM

I no longer belong to the 'many tops not quilted club." I layered the most recent top this morning after deciding yesterday that it was finished in its current state. The pieced backing, however, is now becoming a small throw because it would just be too pretty to always be hidden. I am learning to ignore those middle of the night ideas and I don't get into near as much quilting trouble.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 11:17 PM

Thanks all for replying.  I will edit some of my 3am ideas.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 6:26 AM

I was beginning to feel guilty about not quilting the finished tops.  Now I know, there are others out there like me.  I really enjoy putting the quilts together.  My new year resolution will be to start quilting the tops and enjoy them.!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,904
Points 40,845
ls2116 replied on Mon, Oct 15 2012 8:08 AM

Thanks for replying Jean , this site is so great I feel noticed.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use