Storing small scraps

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 16
Points 95
MARYC-39 Posted: Mon, Oct 1 2012 2:24 PM

I went to the home improvement store and bought  3 units with about 18 - 4 inch drawers that are usually used to store nuts and bolts, etc.  in a carpenters workroom.  I store extra squares and strips of assorted sizes (1-4") in the drawers.  I label the front of the drawer with the size of scrap and then I just go to my drawers for the appropriate size square or strips I need for my scrappy projects.  I do have multiple drawers with the same sizes since I have lots of scraps.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 2:07 PM

I bought a unit from Sam's Club that I use for my scraps.  This is the newer model I guess because mine has all the bins the same size but I love it.  I have it behind my cutting table and as I have scraps, I cut them down and place them in the appropriate marked bin.  Then when we do a scrap quilt using 2 1/2" squares, I have PLENTY!!  LOL  I have LOTS of scraps.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 3:23 PM

Jeanine:
I bought a unit from Sam's Club that I use for my scraps

That's more like something we could use, Jeanine - the hint about using a tissure box is good for a small amount, but your multiple drawers is  for lots of scraps like those of us who save it all and want them where we can see and use them!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618

What a great idea Jeanine.  I don't know where I could put one in the sewing room though. 

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,426
Points 38,285
Linda replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 4:47 PM

Jeannine, Love your storage for small pieces! Only wish I  had a place to put some thing like that.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,850
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Oct 2 2012 5:19 PM

MaryC and Jeanine. What great ideas. I will try to find something like these. I have a place left for something to store some of my overflow. This would be perfect.

Sukochi

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400

<sigh>  I just dump mine in shoe box size tubs.  My original idea was to colour coodinate, but that has gone the way of the dodo bird.  I'm now up to 5 boxes and I've only been quilting 6 months.  I can't believe some people are so well organized while I'm a total disaster in dealing with filing stuff (and not just fabric).

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use