Page 2 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 52 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,466
Points 116,680

Brandy:

I didn't think I had any, but I found some!  Peach fabric!  Better yet, my sister likes elephants AND butterflies.  The peach fabric has butterflies on it!  Two in one for the win!

Much better. I love these fabrics.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Sat, Sep 8 2012 4:39 PM

Brandy:

I didn't think I had any, but I found some!  Peach fabric!  Better yet, my sister likes elephants AND butterflies.  The peach fabric has butterflies on it!  Two in one for the win!

Brandy, I do like this one much better and your sister will be getting a twofer with the elephants and the butterflies.  Can't wait to see it finished.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 8 2012 9:49 PM

Brandy

I really like the peachy color with the brown and elephants.  This is going to look very nice.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Sep 8 2012 10:40 PM

I love your color choices Brandy.  You sure know how to pick the fabrics. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sat, Sep 8 2012 11:27 PM

Brandy your colors are perfect!

\It's going to look great.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,917
Thea replied on Sat, Sep 8 2012 11:33 PM

Cute little elephants Brandy - perfect color choices for a very scrappy quilt - great job!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Okay, so today I accomplished:

Cutting all 108 pieces for my best friend's fabrics - and then stayed up late (it's 1  2 a.m. here currently) to sew one four strips together - only to fall more in love with that one.  It will be done quickly just so I can see it all together.

Cut 42 peach, 24 brown, and 24 elephants for my sister's quilt.  I'm deficient by 30 squares, so I'm thinking that means an extra border to compensate. 

Sewed together another 15" square for my son's rag quilt (using random fabrics for the front and fleece for the back).

Picked out fabrics for my mom's quilt.  No clue on what to do for my dad yet.  Looked on Etsy for fabric sales - payday cannot come fast enough. Thea, I wasn't able to locate any Grinch fabric on sale, but I'm determined enough to wait it out!!

Oh and I took a 4 hour nap because I insist on staying up way too late and my body has to catch up sometime.  Saturday afternoons seem to be that time.  :) 

Good night y'all!  Thank you so much for the encouragement and suggestions!!!  I'm going to be working on a commission piece tomorrow, but when I get the tshirts broken down, I'm going to start cutting my mom's fabrics and I'll post those photos when I have them!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977

Brandy, this is from Beautifulquiltfabric.com

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977

Here is more from same site

[Ava, Missouri

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Thanks Leslie!  I have found some, I'm just waiting for them to go on sale.  I love sale...he is my favorite designer!

So this is what I got done on my best friend's quilt last night  this morning.  

Perfect is certainly not something I would classify this as, but I just love it.

Time to get ready for church!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 10:02 AM

Looks great Brandy. love the colors

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,750
Nana replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 10:04 AM

Brandy

Your friend's quilt is going to be beautiful.   I love the fabrics and you are using a great quilt design.  You are doing wonderfully for a "new" quilter.  Keep up the good work.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,275
Points 173,333
Marie replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 10:30 AM

Brandy:
Perfect is certainly not something I would classify this as, but I just love it.

It will be perfect for your friend!  Good job, Brandy!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,894
gini replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 11:28 AM

brandy, you are really going to town,  great job on your fabric picks.

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 104
Points 1,780
Bandmama replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 9:19 PM

Hi Brandy,

What a wonderful thread idea!

Oh my gosh I'm so impressed and love the idea of quilts for Christmas.  I'm a year into it this month and have lots of pieces and almost two finished.  There is a flannel pattern I bought that is manly and has bear paws and trees in it that I would love to make and have done in time for Christmas for my Dad.  I think I may take a tip from Thea and start in January of next year.

I notice you're my neighbor.  I have to ask where this favorite quilt shop is?

Page 2 of 4 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use