rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 15 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,488 Posts
Points 47,820
Frances posted on Sun, Sep 2 2012 11:47 AM

Hi everyone,

Do any of you use a Husqvarna Rose machine and if you do, do you Quilt on it, ive brought a quilting foot to go on it but a can not work out if ive fitted it on right and dont know what dials buttons i have to press to work out how to free motion quilt with it. Any help much appreciated tried my manual but i think its been wrote in fluent swahili or im being thick (which is much more likely).

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 65

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,778 Posts
Points 248,014

Frances, Rose if that is the one up from the Topaz  It should show you in your manual,on mine I bring up the Menu on the screen and it has a line for Free motion quilting on it. then all i have to do is lower the feed dogs.  but I do have a topaz.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,471 Posts
Points 116,810

Frances:
Do any of you use a Husqvarna Rose machine and if you do, do you Quilt on it,

Frances, I may be no help as I have the Sapphire. I put on the FM foot. Press the little icon tool button and scroll to select the Free Motion Quilting. Then I have to manually lower the feed dogs.

I agree with you about the owner manual. It's good if you already know how to work the machine and just need to refresh your memory. But, it's not that great if you don't have any idea what you're doing and need to start from scratch.

Did you buy from a dealer? They should be willing to sit down with you to learn those things. When I bought my Sapphire the dealer took all the time I needed to teach me the machine and was very patient with my numerous requests for help.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,488 Posts
Points 47,820

Thank you ladies,

But yours are more upmarket than mine, i normally just do straight stich and thats it im trying to branch out and get the best from my machine, at this rate i may well go to my Bernina.

Judy, no mines not from a dealer i brought it off ebay about 4 years ago it was the only way i could have afforded it, the bernina was my mums and is nearly as old as i am but still works like a dream.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,482 Posts
Points 43,630

Frances, I have a friend with a Rose.  At least, hers has a little enamel rose on the front. If i can remember, I just got back from holidays, I'll ask her and get back to you.  She quilts on hers but I don't know if she does free motion.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,488 Posts
Points 47,820

Thanks Vivian,

You are a star, i would really appreciate it.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,482 Posts
Points 43,630

Frances, Cathie says that you need to put the stitch lenght to zero, install the free motion quilting foot and drop the feed dogs.  the lenghth of stitch is determined by how fast or slow you move the fabric.  If you have any other questions, let me know and i'll ask her.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
2,488 Posts
Points 47,820

Thanks Vivian,

You are such a great help, please thank your friend for me i really do appreciate it, i will try it this weekend and find out if it works.

lots of love

Francesxx

Not Ranked
Female
36 Posts
Points 695
Mary T replied on Tue, Nov 26 2013 11:29 AM

Judy, I have a sapphire as well, and I've noticed just in the last week that my bobbin doesn't alert me when it's out of thread anymore - have you dealt with that?  I don't know whether it's a sensor problem or something I've inadvertantly done to change a setting....just wondered if you knew anything about it.    I'm going to get my baby checked on after the holidays....lol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
5,471 Posts
Points 116,810

Mary T:
Judy, I have a sapphire as well, and I've noticed just in the last week that my bobbin doesn't alert me when it's out of thread anymore - have you dealt with that?

Mary, my Sapphire doesn't have that feature. Wish it did. I have the 830 and it's about 3 years old. When chain stitching little pieces, I'll sew merrily along not noticing my bobbin is out of thread. Once, I'd done about 40 little HST, mind wandering and when I came out of my fog I noticed none of them were sewn together!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
3,504 Posts
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Tue, Nov 26 2013 11:40 AM

Mary, I don't have the machine that you do, but I have had the same problem.   The problem was that fuzz and lint built up around the sensor so it couldn't see when the bobbin was low.  The fix was to clean out the bobbin area with a brush and the company strongly suggested vacuuming it out each time you replace an empty bobbin.  I also use a thread that is low linting.  I use aurafil or superior threads.   Hope this helps.  My machine in a Babylock Symphony.     Ginny

Not Ranked
Female
36 Posts
Points 695
Mary T replied on Tue, Nov 26 2013 12:03 PM

Thank you, Ginny - I have been trying to keep the area clean but I haven't actually vacuumed.  It probably wouldn't hurt!  I've been using a lot of black thread lately and that causes more fuzz in the bobbin. 

Not Ranked
Female
21 Posts
Points 550
Dani replied on Fri, Dec 6 2013 11:55 AM

Hello Frances,
I know i'm a little late but I quilt with a Husqvarna Eden Rose.  I normally put on the FM foot (it just pushes in, there are no buttons or screw you need to worry about), manually drop the feed dogs, then go into the settings (little tool looking button) and select free motion. It will then tell you to set your thread length at 0, and you can be on your way. I hope this helps. I love my little rose for quilting! it's the most "high end" machine I've owned to date and i think i'll keep her forever =D

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,358 Posts
Points 414,959
gini replied on Fri, Dec 6 2013 1:25 PM

i thought the same thing, dani, when i got my designer 1,   unfortunately, although the machine works great, still,   the touch screen is going out and the machine is getting so old, i am afraid they will stop making parts for it.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
2,670 Posts
Points 37,620

I don't have the rose but I have the 1+ if you want me to check it let me know.

Quilting My Rainbow

Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use