Top 10 Posters

Secret Santa - 2012

Page 7 of 28 (415 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 414 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310

Carolyn:

Belfrybat -

Go to "Home"   There is a box that says "Search this site".  )

Hope this helps,

Carolyn

Thank you -- found the SS pictures!  I was blown away by the variety and quality of the gifts.  I better get busy and start looking for goodies for my recipient.

One question that I didn't see on the projected questionnaire was if the person is a beginner or advanced quilter.  I think that would make a difference on the kind of supplies and gifts we send. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310

chicagosinger:
Hi thea! Sorry to bother you as I know you're sooo busy with SS. I'm confused, how many goodies should I put in my package. It sounds like it's really supposed to be 2 to 3 goodies, but it's up to the giver. Am I correct? I don't want to send only 2 goodies and have my giftee feel cheated or something. Hope I'm not coming off like a total dweeb! Thanks!

I had the same question, so found the thread that had pics of the SS gifts received.  It was a real eye opener!    http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/forums/p/27842/288530.aspx#288530

From the pics it looks like most folks did around a dozen items, more or less.  Some a lot more. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,928
Points 233,812
Thea replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 7:08 PM

Belfrybat, You do what you can - and that is all you need to do - do not be intimidated at all by what was done in the past - we don't want anyone to think that  - it is a fun gift though to put together for a special quilter...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,798
Points 352,027
Kris replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 11:50 PM

Thea,

I hate to do this but I don't think I want to do this anymore. Thanks.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 645
Points 16,310

Thea:

Belfrybat, You do what you can - and that is all you need to do - do not be intimidated at all by what was done in the past - we don't want anyone to think that  - it is a fun gift though to put together for a special quilter...

I'm not at all intimidated, but excited!  I already have a few "trinkets" in mind to give and have picked out something I want to make.  When I know who my recipient will be and his/her colour preferences I can get busy.  This is the first event of this kind I've ever participated in, so was very grateful to see what folks have done in the past.   And knowing the goal for the item to count up to around 2-1/2 yards of fabric is very helpful.

Brigit-Carol

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 161
Points 3,775
Gerie replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 8:09 AM

Hi Ladies, here's my overseas view to things. I've no clue about customs, or items that one has to pay a fee for. I know I ordered fabric twice from the States, they were marked as "craft supplies" and I had no trouble with customs or any fees. Here in the Netherlands, we do exchange gifts, but usually we draw names, you get one person a gift, in our case 15 - 20 euro's, I guess that's about 11 - 15 US dollars. I don't know the US price for two and a half yard of fabric, here, it is around 17 euro for 1 yard. I don't mean to be rude or scroogy ( I don't remember the right word) by naming figures, I just want to explain. I myself do not expect a large box full of goodies, just something from overseas. The box I will be sending, will be small, because of the postage. Not to be rude, but I think that like me, people who sign up for an overseas package, will take a lot of the fun just out of receiving something from another country. I'm really looking forward to the Secret Santa.

Gerie.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 1:06 PM

The allergies is an excellent suggestion. Some are allergic to substances not just frangrances.

I didn't see my name on the second list....Linda

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 1:09 PM

Have the lists gone out yet?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 2,085
Caryl replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 1:22 PM

Christmas exchange!  How wonderful.  I'm new to the site but do belong to other on line quilting groups and want you to add my name to your exchange list.

Caryl in TX

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,928
Points 233,812
Thea replied on Fri, Sep 7 2012 2:21 PM

Caryl, I will add your name to the list.

the only current list is the first post to this thread - I didn't want to have to search all the pages to find lists and update them so am only updating the first post

I will start sending out questionaires to all participating on the 10th and hope to have them back from everyone on the 15th so I can do a drawing and select who is SS for who and send out the answers to the questionaires when I send you who you are going to be a Secret Santa to.

The Euro today was .79 to $1 American

Canadian was .98 - $1

Australian the same .98 Australian = $1 US Dollar...

I think all sending gifts to overseas members have said that they are capable of doing so - the postage is the hardest thing about this - I know when I sent to Australia it cost about $50 to send the package - so that is where the greatest expense comes in.  But those doing this have accepted that cost and we have exempted anyone from that list that did not want to take on that expense.  

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Points 2,475
Clare replied on Sat, Sep 8 2012 3:46 AM

Barbara:
Drop in and chat with us more often I see you on here all the time

Barbara, I'm logged in as soon as my machine gets turned on, I lurk a lot,  laugh, cry & pray for everyone as the occasion calls for it, it  is priviledge to do this. Plus as I use or look at what you sent me last year I think & pray for you. I will be watching what everyone gets this year, perhaps next year I'll be able to join in.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Sat, Sep 8 2012 7:39 AM

Clare , we are just tickled your here , just say hi every now and then  LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Sat, Sep 8 2012 9:05 AM

I have just looked at last years Secret Santas Wow and Wow okay i need to go shopping now (oh i cant wait).

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,928
Points 233,812
Thea replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 11:19 AM

Watch your PMs tomorrow - I will start sending out the questionaires - take your time filling them out - cut - paste and answer them and please have them back to me by the 15th.

The 15th is the last day you can sign up for the Secret Santa Program that I am running here on QCA.

You will receive the name of your recipient in your PM on the 16th.

We have 36 or 37 participating at this time.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,473
Points 47,580
Frances replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 1:10 PM

Thea,

Could i post mine a bit later than the 1st of November (it will still get there on time it takes about 2 weeks at the most) im going to a christmas craft fair and hobby craft show on the 8th November and im hoping to get lots of bits and pieces there for my SS.

lots of love

Francesxx

PS craft shows are not as frequent in the UK as they are in the US.

Page 7 of 28 (415 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use