Top 10 Posters

Secret Santa - 2012

Page 6 of 28 (415 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 414 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:09 AM

Thea me to ,I keep trying to figure out what I'm going to make mine ,but hard to do until I know who it will be,  LOL   so just trying to figure out ideas It will be fun.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,817
Points 352,377
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:24 PM

Belfrybat:

I'm looking forward to this -- thanks for hosting it.  But, where is the SEARCH button for the forum so we can view last year's SS?   Yeah, newbie question -- sorry for that.  

Belfrybat,

the photos can be found in the media section of the swap group. The actual thread discussions were removed to avoid confusion when the swaps ended. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:33 PM

I knew Kris would find them for us - Thank you Kris -she is a whiz for finding things here - so if you are ever looking just ask her!  Thank you so much!!!  :)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 458
Points 9,535
Hi thea! Sorry to bother you as I know you're sooo busy with SS. I'm confused, how many goodies should I put in my package. It sounds like it's really supposed to be 2 to 3 goodies, but it's up to the giver. Am I correct? I don't want to send only 2 goodies and have my giftee feel cheated or something. Hope I'm not coming off like a total dweeb! Thanks!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 4:19 PM

Chicagosinger, You may put in as many as you want. Last year people posted their  pictures and everyone had a pile of stuff  Notions, books, coffee, chocolate, tea, fabric, doggie and cat treats,  candy, fat quarters, or what ever the person liked thread, homemade gift etc, etc, I was overwhelmed with my  box of Goodies. It is so much fun and if you pick up things every week or so for a few months its is easier to budget for.  Hope this helps!   Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 6:00 PM

chicagosinger:
Hi thea! Sorry to bother you as I know you're sooo busy with SS. I'm confused, how many goodies should I put in my package. It sounds like it's really supposed to be 2 to 3 goodies, but it's up to the giver. Am I correct? I don't want to send only 2 goodies and have my giftee feel cheated or something. Hope I'm not coming off like a total dweeb! Thanks!

As I think someone answered and said - You can do whatever YOU want to do - we ask that it be a minimum of about 2 1/2 yards of fabric - some did lots more some did a minimum - there are no requirements.  

I just go by the golden rule - what would I want someone to send to me - and I do that for them - have fun with it though - 

No one in my book is a Dweeb - is that a word??? LOL... 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 8:18 PM

when I say the minimum of 2 1/2 yards of fabric - we mean the price equal to the cost of 2 1/2 yds of fabric - I think the first year we did this that that was a requirement for the gift - fat quarters or yardage equaling that - people were very generous though and did special things for their recipients - some made small gifts and others just bought different little things.

What I do all year long is buy things for gifting - when I go to a quilt class I always used to have thread heaven extras in my bag - extra needles that I use - rotary cutting blades - spools of neutral threads - all sorts of things like that - when I see something that is a really good sale I usually pick up 2 and gift one out... We did a box of goodies on the Dear Jane group when it was first started so people could start to get to know each other and we got ideas of things that were in there... 

something from your neck of the woods is always nice to  - to educate people on what is good from around the country.  Nana sent me some things from Virginia that I would never have gotten otherwise and one other SS program I was in before QCA sent me stuff from the state of Washington.  

I always think just go by that golden rule and you can't go wrong... 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 8:33 PM

I would love to do this but budget is tight so I could not have an overseas person. Other than than I'm in I just have to stick to a tight budget.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 8:39 PM

Linda - state side is fine - I have plenty of people willing to do the overseas ones - so no one needs to worry about that - I'll put those wishing on a state side only list - it is fun to get those gifts from across the oceans... I love my friendship with Scooter down in Australia.  Learning the different things she does there and learning the different words - it is fun!  Someday I hope to knock on her door and give her a big hug in person... she may make it here before i make it there though.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

I am on a budget, but would love to join! State side would be fantastic!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Wed, Sep 5 2012 9:39 PM

You have been added to the list Brandy.  Welcome to a fun time!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,005
Thea, I am getting so excited about this. I have looked at the past SS gifts and read all the posts and with what I'm already starting to make in my mind.......... AW I'm ready to get that questionnaire! I LOVE to give!

MelodyP

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 115
Points 2,475
Clare replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 3:28 AM

Thea, I took part in this last year & my SS was awesome & I got some lovely things but never heard if my SS ever received their parcel. As the cost of postage from Australia is so great I just can't afford to take part in this years SS. But I will be watching on & can't wait to see what everone gets.

Clare xx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 6:18 AM

Clare:

Thea, I took part in this last year & my SS was awesome & I got some lovely things but never heard if my SS ever received their parcel. As the cost of postage from Australia is so great I just can't afford to take part in this years SS. But I will be watching on & can't wait to see what everone gets.

Clare xx

Clare I never heard anything from her  either ,sorry.  thank you for your kind words as you know I was your SS,  I had alot of fun picking your gifts out for you and hope you were able to use all I sent.  Sorry to hear you can't take part this year but believe me I understand about the cost of shipping  LOL   Drop in and chat with us more often I see you on here all the time, take care my friend .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Thu, Sep 6 2012 11:50 AM

Clare - it is fun to see what everyone gets - and I do understand that postage thing - I didn't participate last year so we can take a year off and start back again... it is a shame though that your recipient didn't post that she had at least received your gift.  As Barbara said, she didn't hear anything either - so chalk it up to a little rudeness and know that you did your part and that is all that you can do.  

Page 6 of 28 (415 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use