Top 10 Posters

Secret Santa - 2012

Page 5 of 28 (415 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 414 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 12:42 PM

Thea,

Sorry honey did you add me, i couldnt see anything to say you added me and i dont want to miss out.

lots of love

Francesxx

England

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,608
Points 247,132
Thea replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 1:15 PM

Frances, If you go to the very first post of Secret Santa - on page 1 - I am updating that list so that everyone can find there name easily and make sure that I have added them - yours is # 34.  I thought rather then have everyone hunt through all the pages to find an updated list I would just edit my first post each time someone new signs up - and delete anyone there that has decided not to do this program.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,518
Points 48,260
Frances replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 2:17 PM

Sorry Thea,

My excuse is ive just came back from holiday and my one brain cell hasnt caught up with me yet.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,377
Points 20,680

Love the questionnaire!  Many great questions.  This will be very helpful when putting a box together!  Looking forward to it.  :-)

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,608
Points 247,132
Thea replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 2:34 PM

Frances - no apology necessary - when I got to answer you I kind of got to tell everyone where to look to see if your name is on the list... YOU are just fine!

Carolyn - thank you - I am hoping that the questions help each person to get to know their recipient and maybe make a great new friend.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,410
Points 37,995
Linda replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 5:20 PM

Thea, I haven't heard  of the Secret Santa before. So what's all involved? I get the impression in reading some of the previous pages there is a questionnaire? Tell me more! When is the deadline?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,608
Points 247,132
Thea replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 6:07 PM

Linda - Secret Santa Program started a couple years ago here on QCA - I have posted all about it - in above posts but I'll tell you anyway cuz I love the program...teehee

We send in our names to a single person - she/he sends us the person we are going to send a special gift to.  

I did not participate last year but did the year before and it was so much fun.  My person was Kris - and I kind of stalked her to find out what she liked - what she wrote about on the site - things she wanted but hadn't gotten yet - one of the things she mentioned that year was a book that she was interested in - I had found it on a great sale and bought it for her - I made her a small wall hanging of a cat because she has 2 cats and talks about them... During the months before our deadline to send our package I had fun finding little things to put in her package.

We had a very short questionaire that year; I have written up a new one and have been asking for assistance from the members as to any questions that they might like to have answered - On one of the pages here I posted the questions I have so far...

I will repost it here as I know if most members are like me they just read the last posts of a topic and I don't mind doing this - so here is the questions

Secret Santa Questionaire for the Secret Santa Program for 2012

Name address and phone #

1.        What is your favorite color

2.       Do you like tea coffee hot chocolate – all or none

3.       What is your favorite method of quilting

4.       Do you own a cat dog or other animal

5.       Are you married

6.       Do you collect anything and if so what kind of things do you collect

7.       When is your birthday

8.       Favorite food

9.       Favorite drink

10.   What is your favorite snack food

11.   What type books do you like to read

12.   What type quilting do you like best    eg applique, piecing, paper piecing etc

13.   Which do you like better – santa or snowmen

14.   Are you a religious person and would accept a religious gift or is this a private thing for you

15.   What is a notion that you don’t own but would want to – or need a replacement one for – like an ergonomic seam ripper

16.   Do you do any other crafts

17.   Do you like jelly rolls, charm squares, fat quarters, layer cakes or just yardage

18.   What type of fabric do you like best

19.   Do you own a long arm or just a domestic machine or just  a long arm

20.   What is your favorite block pattern

21.   What type of pins do you use or do you not use pins

22.   What is your favorite kind of chocolate

23.   What is your favorite kind of candy

24.   What type of needle do you like to use best on your machine if you have a favorite

25.   Who is your favorite quilting instructor

26.   Do you have any allergies that would affect a gift that is sent to you

27.   If you could list 5 things that are on your dream list of gifts what would they be

28.   What is your favorite manufacturer of fabric.

I do not want anyone answering these and sending anything to me until I send them a PM - as the questions may change between now and then...

So Linda, it is a fun thing to do and you get to meet a person and have fun getting a neat gift to give them - as I said somewhere in here - and this members will have to do on their own - search Secret Santa - and you will find pictures of past years gifts that members received... we are an awesome bunch...

There you have it in a nutshell - and any other questions let me know - those who are participating are listed in the first posting of this thread - that is where I am updating the list - as of today I have 36 people participating and we will take new people up until the 15th of this month - I will send out questionaires starting on the 10th and want them back at that time - you will receive your person's name and a copy of their answers on the 16th... mail out date is the 5th of December and we do ask that you do not send until that day so that all get them about the same time... unless you have an overseas name and then your mail date is the 1st of Nov - so they will get theirs on or about the same time as stateside members.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 7:27 PM

Thea, as much as I regret not being able to participate in this year's Secret Santa, I must withdraw.

Hubby said NO when I inadvertently mentioned that I threw my hat in the ring. He said there is not money for anyone extra this year. We have been having some real expenses that we didn't count on this year. and, the medical bills just keep arriving. Money is tight and getting tighter.

Sukochi

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Mon, Sep 3 2012 8:15 PM

Bev :

I am so looking forward to this. Also, it is the U.S. for me.

Happy quilting!

I have to change that to I was so looking forward to this.  I need to drop out of the Secret Santa

Please remove me from your list. Thanks

from TN

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Hi Thea,

Every time I read these post about the Secret Santa, I get excited all over again. I love the questioner so far. I've never been involved in a Secret Santa before. I'm kind of isolated so I haven't been too involved with much. I want to thank you so much for doing all this work. The people on here like you that do the fabric swaps, groups and things like the Secret Santa are so generous with their time and must take so much work, so thank you so much again. I can't wait to get started. Thank you, thank you.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,608
Points 247,132
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 12:54 AM

Melissa, I am excited about it this year too - thank you for loving my questions - I had help...teeheee

Bev and Sukochi - I have removed your names - we will miss you!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 730
Points 18,300

I'm looking forward to this -- thanks for hosting it.  But, where is the SEARCH button for the forum so we can view last year's SS?   Yeah, newbie question -- sorry for that.  

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,377
Points 20,680

Belfrybat:

where is the SEARCH button for the forum so we can view last year's SS?    

Belfrybat -

Go to "Home" (This is the left-most icon in the red navigation bar near the top).

Look at the VERY top right of the page.  There is a box that says "Search this site" (NOT "Find a Friend" - it's above the Friend Finder.)

Hope this helps,

Carolyn

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 8:59 AM

Thea, great questionnaire Looks to me like you have covered everything.  I will await your Pm to fill mine out as per your request.. this will be fun.. thanks for taking this on

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,608
Points 247,132
Thea replied on Tue, Sep 4 2012 9:04 AM

Thank you Barbara - I am hoping that this years will be lots of fun - I am - like Melissa - getting very excited!  

Page 5 of 28 (415 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use