Top 10 Posters

Secret Santa - 2012

Page 21 of 28 (415 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 414 Replies | 31 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,562
Points 23,690
Susie replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 8:48 PM

Thea--I sent you a PM...

I have some ideas, just need to get busy on them now.  Whew...who knew it would be so much work to have so much fun?  (Not that I mind the work...it's fun, like I said!)

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 295
Points 6,165
amber2009 replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 8:57 PM

Susie:

I've tried stalking my person a bit, but can't seem to find her on the boards. 

I've done the same, haven't had any luck. The questionare came in handy for me though, just "went" with their answers.  But like others still waiting to see a post from mine.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 9:13 PM

Can' t find any info about mine either on the site so will just be going by the answers on the questionnaire. I am ready to send though!

from TN

replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 9:27 PM

Wow, looks like most of us are trying to stalk, but can't find anything, cause they aren't posting anymore!  Hummmm, guess we will have to make due with the answers to the questions. Mine was kinda vague.  I love all of you answering my favorite block question I will never tell!! Lol. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,342
Points 20,235

Ok, fair enough.  I was probably vague on some of my answers too.   If it's me, my favorite block is log cabin, because I grew up with them all around me.  My grandmother (who raised me and was essentially like my mother) had many pillows made with log cabin blocks (one large log cabin or multiple smaller ones).  I never knew the term "log cabin block" until a few years ago, but they remind me of her and she's such a big part of who I am.

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,209
Points 16,230
Susan replied on Wed, Nov 14 2012 11:24 PM

Ive tried stalking my giftee,also, she has not been on the forums as far as I can tell. Im pretty much finished with her box of goodies. I found the list of wishes we filled out very helpful. Like some others Im not sure how I want to wrap them. It has been interesting to shop for a total stranger, however, after putting all this stuff together for her I feel like she could be a friend. This is my 2nd time as a SS and I just get so much pleasure out of it.   I love the Holidays!!!   Susan

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 6,980
Mz M replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 6:52 AM

Susan :

Ive tried stalking my giftee,also, she has not been on the forums as far as I can tell. Im pretty much finished with her box of goodies. I found the list of wishes we filled out very helpful. Like some others Im not sure how I want to wrap them. It has been interesting to shop for a total stranger, however, after putting all this stuff together for her I feel like she could be a friend. This is my 2nd time as a SS and I just get so much pleasure out of it.   I love the Holidays!!!   Susan

that message sounded like I wrote it with the exception of  'stalking my giftee'. I haven't been online for ages as I work 50-60 hours a week. Like you I feel like my giftee has become a friend while looking for the things she likes and some things I think she may like. Like you ,this is my second SS and I am having so much fun with it. Gotta run to work - have a great day all!

replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 7:09 AM

Carolyn:

Ok, fair enough.  I was probably vague on some of my answers too.   If it's me, my favorite block is log cabin, because I grew up with them all around me.  My grandmother (who raised me and was essentially like my mother) had many pillows made with log cabin blocks (one large log cabin or multiple smaller ones).  I never knew the term "log cabin block" until a few years ago, but they remind me of her and she's such a big part of who I am.

That is a very special, and heartwarming reason!!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,312
Thea replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 9:04 AM

Carolyn - that is sweet.  Neither of my Grandmothers had quilts in their homes - nor my Mother... I am a throw back to my Great Great Grandmothers...teehee... I think the Log Cabin block is sweet because you wonder about the makers and if they meant the quilt they were making to have the meaning of the center squares of it someone wrote a neat story about that center block afterwards... It is nice that it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling - those are sweet...

20 days...

Now to find that wrapping paper, tape, box and start pulling everything together that is going in this box... Even though my person answered a little vaguely too, I have figured out some things that are interesting to me that I am sending to her...teehee... and almost everything is interesting to me...teehee...

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

I have FINALLY started shopping for my SS!  I have been reading the posts and I must admit that I am probably one of the ones y'all are talking about that disappeared.  I am a single mom that works full time (non-quilt related) and I also run a very small home-based business quilting for people.  Needless to say, my time is divided into very small increments.  Last night I finished two quilts - one was a kid's rag quilt (commission) and the other was a small baby blanket for a friend (non-commission).

I've also been working on 8 other quilts for Christmas....whew!  So I wanted to apologize if I have kind of disappeared.  I have been reading along, just not responding much because something inevitably takes my attention away.

This is my first SS, so I'm kind of at a loss sometimes with what to get my SS, but it is fun to think about what they will think of their gift!

Brandy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 10:39 AM

Brandy ,most of us love what we get no matter what . but just little things are really nice . Note pads , those note cards we send in exchanges are always Welcome. , Any kind of sewing  notion no matter how many we have are loved.  books  there are some great books out there with quilting in the plots. See if your giftee has a pet and don't forget to send a little gift for the pet.,These are just a few ideas  that hopefully will help .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 10:51 AM

Barbara:

Brandy ,most of us love what we get no matter what . but just little things are really nice . Note pads , those note cards we send in exchanges are always Welcome. , Any kind of sewing  notion no matter how many we have are loved.  books  there are some great books out there with quilting in the plots. See if your giftee has a pet and don't forget to send a little gift for the pet.,These are just a few ideas  that hopefully will help .

And don't forget homemade items!  Doesn't have to be a large project, something from the heart!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,312
Thea replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:17 PM

home made items - pot holders, place mats , table runner, small wall hangings - small quilts...etc

notions - needles, pins, seam rippers, rotary cutters - rulers if they have mentioned that they want to try one or you have tried one that you really like and want to pass it on...a neat pattern, thread...etch

fabric - fat quarters - jelly rolls - layer cakes - charm packs - yardage if your person has mentioned they don't like the cut pieces like me...etc

non-related to quilting - note pads - calendars(but could be a quilting calendar) - candy (chocolate) - books (again could be quilting)

seasonal items for Christmas - candy canes, jelly beans, advent calendar filled with goodies

Pet gifts if they own one - dog bone - cat mice or cat nip

I had some other thoughts but the phone rang and took them all away...

Take a look at pictures from past years - they might give you some ideas too - someone in the back pages left a link to the pictures - I believe they are over in groups though... not sure... 

What I do is to think of somethings that would make me happy if I was opening the package and I give from my heart.  A special gift that I have signed up to do not something anyone made me do... 

In all of that - have fun with this - don't let it weigh you down - it is supposed to be fun!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,476
Points 244,312
Thea replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 12:18 PM

17 days to go!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!  I have just finished the buying part.  I'm now moving to the hand made part.  Not sure what to do yet, but I have my drawing pad out and some ideas sketched.  I'm planning on doing this again next year, but will start buying little stuff early on in the year so that when it comes around, my SS will be WELL supplied!  Plus, I love sales.  :)  I can go into Joann's and save more than I spend sometimes!! 

I'm going to go look for the pictures from last year.  I'm undecided on how to wrap stuff.  That'll take some thinking. :)

Brandy

Page 21 of 28 (415 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use