Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share #2

Page 6 of 37 (542 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 541 Replies | 37 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 8:38 AM

Nancy - that looks great.  You have a nice set up!  I expect more quilting from you now!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 8:41 AM

Sylvia - nice quilting.  I am still trying to figure out how to quilt mine.  And we are also doing them in my quilt ministry so I will have several tops coming back in that will need to be quilted.  I am doing another one for myself out of my batik scraps.  I'm taking it to my quilt retreat this week to work on.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 4,625
Sylvia replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 8:46 AM

Thank you Jeanine!

If I had to do mine over I probably wouldn't have quilted the triangles on the edges of the big square blocks or the smaller squares.  When I was quilting it with all the feathers, the squares really stood out, but by the time I noticed that, it was too late.  I found a couple of uhohs on it also.  Seams I didn't quite stitch, ugh!  Oh well, that means I get to keep this one for myself!  Yay!

I just got a new machine and frame and this is just too much fun!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 8:56 AM

I have been scrambling the last few weeks to get my annual quilt retreat for my quilt group all organized and ready to go.  I leave in an hour and am so excited to get away for four days.  I had two quilts in my backlog that I had to get done this week to bring to the retreat.

This one is for a friend.  She made it when she was 17 and is almost 19 now.  She loves the brights.

The verigated thread was perfect for this quilt.  I did the lines in the pieced border because the seams were coming undone and I wanted to catch the seams with the quilting.  My original ideas was to do the square spirals in each of the blocks around the edge and do the back and forth lines in the inner border but this worked out much better. 

And then this one was for my daughter.  She made this quilt at last year's retreat and I've been chicken to quilt it because she did not want the circles to be quilted.  I just decided yesterday that I needed to do this before the retreat.

I even did a color change of thread (first time) so I could do black on black for the setting triangles.  I did a tight back and forth lines just to pull the triangles back and allow the circle blocks to be more of the focus.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 9:00 AM

Sylvia:

Thank you Jeanine!

If I had to do mine over I probably wouldn't have quilted the triangles on the edges of the big square blocks or the smaller squares.  When I was quilting it with all the feathers, the squares really stood out, but by the time I noticed that, it was too late.  I found a couple of uhohs on it also.  Seams I didn't quite stitch, ugh!  Oh well, that means I get to keep this one for myself!  Yay!

I just got a new machine and frame and this is just too much fun!

It is so addictive!  I am getting more and more obsessive with my quilting the more I do it.  And I'm just not as scared to jump in as I used to.  It is getting more comfortable but I still mess up.  The hardest thing for me to do is plan it out before hand and know where I'm supposed to go next.  Getting that flow down is a challenge.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 4,625
Sylvia replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 9:25 AM

Jeanine,

It IS addictive.  I'm not as scared to jump in like I used to be also, but it is so hard for me to figure out exactly what I'm going to do.  I scour all the quilting magazines, the photo gallerys, etc to get some idea of what I might want to do.  I think that takes me the longest now, trying to figure out how I'm going to quilt it.  

I just love it!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 4,625
Sylvia replied on Thu, Sep 20 2012 9:27 AM

Jeanine,

I just love the bright colors on the top one and the quilting is awesome.  

The circle quilt is fabulous.  I just love how all the circles just pop out at you.  Great job!!!!

Hope you have a blast at your quilt retreat!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 2:45 PM

I am back from the retreat.  It was our best retreat yet.  Came home with five quilts to quilt for others and the promise of others to come soon.  That was a bonus!  Two of them were for my daughter, though, so no profit there.  LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Just foudn this thread to bump it up so a "newbie would be able to find it. 

Nancy - I browsed a bit as long as I was here and found the pictures of your long arm set-up.  Randy did an AWESOME job.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 185
Points 2,800
Meggov replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 4:12 PM

Hi All!

I don't know if anyone uses it or not, but I recently bought the "Machine Quilting Negative Spaces" class on Craftsy.com.  It was on sale for $19.99 - I did not wnat to pay $40.    I wasn't sure what to expect but I have been thrilled with the patterns she shows.  While I know the concept is to use these quilting patterns in the negative or blank spaces of the quilt, I love the ideas she shows for the motifs!  As a beginner long-armer, I look for patterns that I think I can do without stressing out and that don't seem too difficult -  I thought these were cool!

Just wanted to share - Enjoy!

Margaret

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 281
Points 4,625
Sylvia replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 4:26 PM

I took that class too.  Loved it!  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 114
Points 2,910

I did the same class. If you go back to page #4, you'll see I used a couple of those patterns in the batik carpenter star. Loved the class! Also got it at the lower price.

Cindy Stowe

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 114
Points 2,910

Here's the last of the show quilts I've done. Something a little different with an old pattern.

Cindy Stowe

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 36
Points 890

I am in search of an answer to a question...I always seem to go here...thanks again Mom for the yearly membership.

I have nearly completed a queen size quilt top that I think I would like to add minky to the back of. It is for two 6 and 7 yr olds who share the queen size bed. I am not a longarmer but do well with my Janome for quilting. Is there anything I need to know to quilt with a cotton quilt top and minky on the bottom?

Thanks in advance for all your responses. You all have no idea how much I have learned and attempted on my own because of your support.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 36
Points 890

I am in search of an answer to a question...I always seem to go here...thanks again Mom for the yearly membership.

I have nearly completed a queen size quilt top that I think I would like to add minky to the back of. It is for two 6 and 7 yr olds who share the queen size bed. I am not a longarmer but do well with my Janome for quilting. Is there anything I need to know to quilt with a cotton quilt top and minky on the bottom?

Thanks in advance for all your responses. You all have no idea how much I have learned and attempted on my own because of your support.

Page 6 of 37 (542 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use