Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share #2

Page 29 of 37 (542 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 541 Replies | 37 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 4:52 PM

Thanks for the tip, Joan!  :~)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 2:15 PM

Raindrops are fallin' on my head....

So I just did me some talkin' to my son,
And I said I didn't like the way he got things done,
Sleepin' on the job, overflowing the toilet...
I guess that doesn't rhymne very well does it?
And that's not rain falling on my head....

Chorus:
Toilet water keeps falling on my head
But that doesn't mean my eyes will soon be turnin' red
... Crying's not for me
Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'
Because I'm free-eee-eee...
Nothing's worrying me.....

Repeat chorus... no, really, repeat several times.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,467
Points 49,955
Ginny replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 2:47 PM

Do you think you need a new wax ring at the toilet base?   Kind of looks like that might be the problem.    Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 2:59 PM

Ginny:

Do you think you need a new wax ring at the toilet base?   Kind of looks like that might be the problem.    Ginny

I wish that was all it needed.  The tank didn't stop filling... the flap was hung up on the chain, and since it was clogged at the same time it overflowed for 15 minutes at least, before we found it.  The ceilings in my dining room, entry way, hallway and quilting room downstairs all need to be replaced. 

And I was going to sew Moda candy all day....

At least now I can get rid of that ugly popcorn stuff!  One bright spot in all this mess.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,467
Points 49,955
Ginny replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 3:22 PM

Oh no, how unfortunate.  I hope it didn't get onto anything important in the sewing room.   Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 629
Points 12,375

Christine, I'd like to hear/read what you think of the Connecting Thread thread. I've been hesitant to try it since I've never heard anything about it. I use a lot of King Tut. For solid colors, I like Perma Core. Recently I used some variegated QLI because the King Tut didn't come in a purple that I liked. I had so, so many top thread breaks with the QLI. Even with practically no tension at all on top.Thread breaks are very rare for me with the King Tut and Perma Core. But let us know your opinion of Connecting Threads brand.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Sat, Mar 23 2013 10:41 PM

I have Signature, Superior So Fine and Omni brands on hand to compare to Connecting Threads.   I'll be glad to let you know how it goes. 

I've never tried King Tut, but I'd like to get a few cones to try.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 65,998
Jeanine replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 1:38 PM

Christine:
Anyone else have thread recommendations for longarm machines? 

My favorite thread is Fil-Tec's Glide line.  If I want something to blend more into my quilt without the shine, I like SoFine 50 from Superior Threads.  I have also used Connecting Threads thread and had no issues with breakage or anything else. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,582
Points 75,645
Karla replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 1:48 PM

I've had both good and bad luck with the Connecting Threads thread, but maybe it is just me.  I've used some that have worked just great, and other times I have the top thread break every foot or so.  I think maybe I should use a method I have heard online here and store my thread in the freezer to keep it from drying out.  I do use it on my embroidery machine all the time and don't have any problems with it breaking.  So far, when quilting my best luck has been with Signature, but I'm thinking of ordered Fil-Tec's Glide that is recommended by Jeanine.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 4:19 PM

Hi Karla,  This trick only works if you put the thread in a freezer that is not frost-free.  A freezer that IS frost-free will dry your thread out quicker than if you just leave it on the shelf.

And even then, the trick about the freezer is actually what happens when you take the thread OUT of the freezer.  You know what it's like when you take a mug out of the freezer, frost forms really thick on the outside?  Or when you come indoors in winter wearing glasses?  That's what happens to the thread when you take it out of the freezer.  Moisture is sucked to it in the same way. 

A trick that works just as well is to mist your thread with plain water if it breaks continually.  I also do this to my cotton threads when they have a ton of lint, and it cuts way down on the amount of lint. 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 4:44 PM

I'm waiting for another ruler foot to arrive for my Tin Lizzie, so I haven't tried the Connecting threads yet.  I have Thea's quilt loaded on the frame and I don't want to take it off, or I'd load another quilt on there and get going.

I bought a ruler foot that was supposed to be for a Tin Lizzie, but it simply does not work.  So I ordered another one and it's.....  BACKORDERED.  It'll be another week before it gets here.  Did I, or did I not, say last week Murphy lives at my house???  ROTFLOL

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 4:47 PM

Trying to stave off the withdrawal from my longarm, so I grabbed a Moda  Candy of the fabric line Paris Flea Market and threw this together this week, finished it last night.  Next, I have another Candy called Audra's Iris Garden that I need to do something with...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,582
Points 75,645
Karla replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 5:42 PM

My freezer definitely is not frost-free, but there is never any room in the freezer for anything.  I'll try misting the thread the next time I load a quilt on the frame, which should be soon as I have so many that need quilting.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 320
Susan replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 9:17 AM

Christine, I have a Tin Lizzie, and all I needed to start using rulers was  an extended table, which my husband bought on line for approximately $85 or $95. I use my regular hopping foot.

Susan

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Sat, Mar 30 2013 11:46 AM

I have the extension table, which works beautifully.  The hopper foot on my Lizzie is a problem though.  I have the Ansley LS, 26" and the original hopper foot crushes the edge of the ruler when it's used on one side of the foot.  It hasn't chipped the ruler yet, but I don't want to break the rulers as expensive as they are.  And I especially don't want to break my Lizzie!  

I have Thea's quilt on the table now, waiting, waiting, waiting for the correct hopper foot to get here.  I'm really chompin' at the bit to get stitching again. 

Page 29 of 37 (542 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use