Top 10 Posters

Longarmers Share #2

Page 24 of 37 (542 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 541 Replies | 37 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Kathleen, it is nice to meet you.  Your husband sounds like a keeper :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 8
Points 175

Love this quilt!  Do you know where I can get the pattern for a king size quilt?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

The lovely quilt by Jeanine's 4 year old customer is a LeMoyn Star.  Sorry for the spelling.  Eleanore Burns did this star. The program for it should be on her website.  However, if memory serves me, for a 12 inch block, the star consists of  1 3/8 inch strips stitched together with the 1/4 inch seam.  The finished strips (3 of them) should measure to exactly 3 inches.  Then you cut the diamond on the 45 degree.  The corners and triangles are set in with Y-seams.  I don't remember off the top of my head the measurements for those.

Hope this helps!  Interestingly, I am in the middle on a LeMoyne star quilt myself, but not in the strip sets like this one.  I'm doing mine in half legnthwise, if that makes sense.  I think the strip set one would have been much simpler!  Not so many points to try to match up!!!

I'll try to post a pic of it if I ever get the time to finish it!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 3:30 PM

Snugglebug Quilter:
The lovely quilt by Jeanine's 94 year old customer is a LeMoyn Star.  Sorry for the spelling.  Eleanore Burns did this star. 

Thank you.  So many have asked and I had no idea!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 3:33 PM

Ginny:

Jeanine, I love the creativity you put into your quilting.  The quilt is very nice-very masculine looking or very modern.  Your son is sure to love it.    Ginny

Thanks, Ginny.  I just fell in love with this fabric because it made me think of my very "urban" 30 yr old son.  He has not been talking to me for years but just over the last year or so has been making strides to repair the relationship.  I really want this quilt to show him how much I love him...no matter what.  Although, I am not getting my hopes up too much but it was better than a gift card (last year's Christmas gift I gave him.)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Jeanine:
He has not been talking to me for years but just over the last year or so has been making strides to repair the relationship.

Jeanine, I pray that you two will be able to reconcile, family is so very important. (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,524
Points 50,990
Ginny replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 4:05 PM

Jeanine, It is so good to hear that the son you had almost given up on is responding to you.  I think I said at the time that he eventually would. So glad to hear it has come to pass.  I'm sure he will really like your effort.   Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Hi Ladies.  I'm not on here much, but I need your help!!  I have been given this very lovely and nicely pieced quilt top from QoV to quilt.  As you can see there are large panel of the statue of liberty and very nice star blocks.

I have NO IDEA how to quilt it!  I desperately need advice fast, as I need to get it done and sent out.  I've had it for about 6 weeks now.  I was delayed because of my gallbladder surgery.  I didn't expect it to keep me off my longarm for a few weeks, but it did.

I'm loading it on the frame tonight!

Any adivce is Greatly appreciated!!!

Zeba

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

sorry.  Forgot to add the picture!!  Can you tell I'm flustered?  LOL

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,018
Points 28,465
Ramona replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:59 PM

Jeanine,

Your quilts are wonderful as usual!!  I know your son is going to love his black and white quilt. Striking!  Maybe you can post of picture of him with it later.  94 years old and still quilting! She made an absolutely beautiful blue quilt. It does look very wintery to me. Great quilting job on it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:00 PM

Sometimes when a quilt stands on its own like this, a simple meander in a neutral thread would work fine.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,770
Points 66,013
Jeanine replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:07 PM

Finished my quilt...  I am so excited to give it to him.  I quilted in their names and year in the border.  I also put a heart on the opposite border...I will know, at least, the "my" heart goes with quilt.  I used wool batting for the first time.  It is soft and drapes well.  I may need to use that again.

The backing is made from all the leftovers...

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,993
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:38 PM

Jeanine, your sons quilt is beautiful!  He will certainly know all your love went into it.  God Bless.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Hi Jeanine.  So you think a panto?  I know QoV doesn't like just plain meandering....maybe something with stars and loops?  And do you think I should just go over everything?  I'm completely stumped!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,155

Jeanine, forgot to mention.  Your son's quilt it lovely.  It shows you took great care in everything about it.  I'm sure he'll love it!

Page 24 of 37 (542 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use