Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 82 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 80 81 82 83 84 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580
Melissa Halpain replied on Tue, Oct 16 2012 10:31 PM | Locked

Joni:
But tomorrow going to AST for a lesson on my Baby Lock Ellegante

I was just looking at the Baby Lock Ellegante the other day. How do you like yours. Have you found it worth the price. Right now I have a Bernina but it has a  very small throat. I would appreciate any input you have to give on this machine. By the way, I did get to work on my block of the month today. I really need to get this block for November done so that I can finish the other things I have in the fire.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 7:59 AM | Locked

Oh my Patricia Faye, this is gorgeous!  What a labor of love this is!  Love of Quilting!  Great job!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:24 AM | Locked

Melissa

I love my Ellegante, she is amazing.  She sews beautifully and so far the embroidery is awesome.   If I ever decided to get a newer machine I l would stay with Baby Lock but get one with the camera and all the goodies.  But for now I more than satisfied with what I have, the price was awesome as it was a trade in by a customer who upgraded to a more expensive, newer machine.   It had been properly cared for by Ken at AST so they, knew the machine.  Also when purchase a machine from a dealer/quilt shop it is great as they help when you have questions or problems.  Of course I will have my machine serviced by Ken at least once or twice a year.

My class yesterday was fantastic.  Laurie did a thorough job teaching us about our machines.  I actually was able to do a fancy picture and will probably frame it just because.  I have been doing names on pillow cases before this lesson, but wanted to do more.  I also changed needle, cleaned out the dust bunnies etc., just learned some minor maintenance I can do to keep my machine clean and ready to sew.

You should check out the Baby Locks, they have many awesome machines in  all price ranges.  They have upgrade and updates.  Try several of the different models, if you can take a class when offered where they use the latest new machines, teach you and make a project, then offer you the machines at considerable discounts with financing.  I would have purchased the Ellisimo that was offered in the class I took, but I'm very happy with my "Elle", besides she is paid for and I've much to learn and experiment with for now! 

I hope you have a dealer/quilt shop you can check out.  We are so blessed with AST, they offered many perks with classes, clubs and of course thousands of beautiful fabrics.  The staff is super, knowledgeable, friendly and never too busy to assist you and answer your questions.  They also are up to date on all the latest tools and books and patterns.  They attend trade shows and keep us thirsting for more goodies.  I have made friends with other customers and have a great time the minute I walk in the door.

Wish you the same experience.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:28 AM | Locked

Candis ,I love this quilt  the blues are wonderful .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 8:31 AM | Locked

Patricia Faye,I love your quilt  awesome .  is this a pattern you used or did you do this just on your own ? I 'd love to have the pattern. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,245
Points 25,210
Elizabeth replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:07 AM | Locked

Patricia Fayee, this is a beautiful quilt.  Loved how you planned out the back

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 636
Points 9,445
MaggieNae replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:17 AM | Locked

Belfrybat, to get your points to line up, try putting a pin right through the very tip of your points, going in towards the bulk our your block..  That should be just to the left side of your stitch when you sew them together (assuming your seam is on the right).  I'm sure there's video somewhere that will show you (with less confusion than I give I'm sure).

Margaret

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,459
Points 416,724
gini replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:22 AM | Locked

patricia faye, you star quilt is stunning   nice work

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,604
Points 48,215
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:11 AM | Locked

Patricia, OH MY GOODNESS!  That's a beautiful quilt!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580
Melissa Halpain replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:57 AM | Locked

Joni:
I hope you have a dealer/quilt shop you can check out.

Yes I have a very reliable dealer not too close to me but close enough. Thank you so much for all the information. This is exactly what I needed to know. I'm so glad you are enjoying your new baby. I'm still saving my pennies for a new one soon. Again, thanks so much.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580
Melissa Halpain replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 11:07 AM | Locked

Oh my gosh Patricia Faye. Your quilt is just gorgeous. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 12:39 PM | Locked

So many wonderful projects people!!  I am trying to keep up but I don't seem to have the time to spend on line like I did when I was working.  Go figure. 

I am going to take another run at the quilt I have been working on.  Just a few more rows to put togeather and then try and figure out the borders.  Should be fun. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 1:07 PM | Locked

You go Vivian. Cannot wait for pictures.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 913
Points 17,110
Patricia Faye replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 2:24 PM | Locked

Barbara:

Patricia Faye,I love your quilt  awesome .  is this a pattern you used or did you do this just on your own ? I 'd love to have the pattern. Barbara

Thank you Barbara & everyone else for the compliments on my quilt.  The blocks are from Carol Doak's book 50 Fabulous Paper-Pieced Stars.   I also took the Craftsy class, Quilting Big Projects on a Small Machine  & used the block Quilt As You Go to put it together.  I knew I wanted red, white & blue (patriotic colors) for the back so used my graph paper to figure out the block placement.  I'm very pleased with the way it turned out & learned from the experience.  I will definitely use these methods in the future too. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 3:21 PM | Locked

Patricia Faye,

So beautiful!   How did you likethe quilt as you go method??

Is anyone doignt he Block Base Sew A long??  I am ready to shoot myself in the head!

• | Post Points: 80
Page 82 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 80 81 82 83 84 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use