Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 216 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 214 215 216 217 218 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,336
Points 38,860
Mimi replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 6:55 PM | Locked

Thanks for the compliment, Ginny.  DH has picked out a border so we'll see how long it takes me to finish that and attach.  We thought it would be a great summer quilt.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:10 PM | Locked

I haven't been on here for so long. Went back a few pages and saw a  couple beautiful quilts.. I've been so busy. sewing, sewing, sewing. Got quilt tops but no finished quilts. I made myself a star Christmas quilt...just took to longarm on Friday. There were a lot of left overs so thinking I'd be smart I'd  use them to make a backing for my star quilt....wrong. I ended up with another star quilt but this one I will quilt myself. Then I have 3 tops made for my retreat center project. I have 2 more ready to put together and another in my UFO pile.I need to start quilting them too. But first I'm hand quilting a wall hanging of the 23rd Psalm for Pastor. Need to get back to my sewing. One of the quilts had very large bare corners. I've added charity, faith,hope and love. I'd like to get them sewn tonight if possible.

Blessings. Hugs.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,020
Points 169,518
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:44 PM | Locked

Mimi, very beautiful quilt, great job!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,020
Points 169,518
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:53 PM | Locked

Pam, thanks for the story and the laugh.  I could imagine that scene  happening, hysterical!

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:56 PM | Locked

Ginny:
Karla,  Thanks so much for your info on the pinwheel quilt.  I quickly went on line and ordered it from Amazon.

Me, too!  :-)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 8:00 PM | Locked

Pam

Your mouse story is hilarious.  I am not sure I would have managed to keep hunting the mouse for laughing.    Your "sex" sling sounds a little strange....or maybe some take off on a torture devise...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 8:03 PM | Locked

gini:
and, i caught my wee mousie....booyah!

Booyah is a thick soup of unknown origin made throughout the Upper Midwestern United States.  Booya often requires up to two days and multiple cooks to prepare; it is cooked in specially designed "booya kettles" and usually meant to serve hundreds or even thousands of people.

Gini, you're going to need to catch many more mieces in order to make a full batch of booyah.   ;-)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,336
Points 38,860
Mimi replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 8:51 PM | Locked

Thanks Marie.  Looking forward to part 2, the borders.  Then it will really be finished. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 9:33 PM | Locked

I finished putting borders on another UFO.  It is now in the need to be quilted pile...LOL>   I also got one quilt sandwiched and ready to go and 3 more in line to get sandwiched.   Need to go to JoAnn's and get a couple more battings and pieces of backing fabric and then I can get 2 more tops sandwiched.  I hate this stage of quilting but since I have my big table set up and will sandwich several and then start quilting those babies.  I will try to post a pic of my top tomorrow.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 10:08 PM | Locked

Maddie has 10 quilts ready for quilting, and 5 quilts completed. We have a private teacher coming to get our LA going the right way. Big tension problem. Then she will be shipping them off to the Govenor's wife of New Jrsey for hurricane children victims.

if anyone has a quilt they would like to add, please ship to Quilted hugs from  Maddie

P.O. Box 2461      Cleveland, TN 37312. Also any donations towardshipping would be greatly appreciated.

and last but not least..we would gladly accept any orphan blocks you might have lying around. She will piece them together and make more quick quilts. We think with the cold weatheri in  the northeast these quilts will be greatly appreciated..anyone who needs more info please feel free to contact me.

thanks,

Nan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,798
Points 352,027
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 12:41 AM | Locked

Brigit-Carol:
I just finished the mystery quilt top from the Quilting Board and really love this pattern.  Not too happy with my choice of colours for the stars, but I was trying to get rid of that orangy peachy fabric that seems to keep breeding. 

It looks good Brigit.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,798
Points 352,027
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 12:48 AM | Locked

ls2116:
I finished the baby quilt I was working on and decided if i ever try fmq again I will use a better sewing machine than the one I use for piecing.  what would you do ?  I made it for neighbor and the fmq really came out pretty bad, I'll post pic tomorrow.  I can see myself giving it to neighbor and apollogising for the poor stitching job.

We are our own worst critics. I think your neighbour would be grateful that you did this. Just give it to him/her and do not apologise for your work.

Continue to work on your FMQ you'll get better.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,798
Points 352,027
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 12:50 AM | Locked

Joe:
My intention was to cabbage onto some kona cotton solids to supply my new Amish Mafia inspired phase, but that's another story.

Can't wait to hear it Joe. Please please share.

Joe:
Sunday Report: I'm quilting my fingers off on Sophie's Quilt. Not sure I will make the deadline but trying.

I hope you make it. I think you can Joe.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,798
Points 352,027
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 12:51 AM | Locked

Agnes:
I've finished this top in the past few days.

Beautiful.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,798
Points 352,027
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 21 2013 12:58 AM | Locked

Pam:
is there a joke forum?

Yes there is. Joke/Inspiration of the Day.

Pam:
I will put a link here but will use joke forum if there is one when informed.

Funny. I like Fred Armisen.

Page 216 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 214 215 216 217 218 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use