Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #6

Page 167 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 165 166 167 168 169 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3,777 Replies | 66 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 27,245
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 9:55 PM | Locked

Everyone is doing such beautiful work!  I love the mug rugs.  I finally got a little sewing done, the first since I got back from Leavenworth, can't believe my bad health has lasted so long.  I made this fun apron for my sister for Christmas.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 9:57 PM | Locked

I haven't had much a chance the last few days to actually do any quilting, although I have been working on the binding to my MQ7.

Thursday we had to drive down to Sacramento to visit my father before going down to Modesto (about 75 miles south of Sacramento) for the beginning work on two tooth implants for DH.  Our dentist was using him as a patient for a class he was taking on implants so that is why we had to travel the 230 miles just to go to a dentist.  We spent the night at my Dad's and headed out Friday morning for Modesto.  Spent almost all day at the dentist's office in Modesto (I had time to handsew the binding, got at least 3/4 of it done).  We left Modesto at 2:30 and headed back up the hill.  It was a long and miserable drive as it was blizzard conditions crossing Donner Pass, and in one 2-1/2 hour stretch we only made it 3 miles as they were holding traffic back.  What a drag...it took us 8 hours to get home and the ice and traffic going down the hill on the Reno side was very nerve wracking for me, as I was the driver.  I was glad to make it home at 10:30 pm but I have been so tired today.

Today, I am babysitting 3 of the grandsons, including the baby, who is very fussy because he is teething.  I really think that I'm too old to tackle all three of the boys at one time.  I'm hoping my DD and SIL are on their way home.  Trying to cook dinner with a fussy baby and 2 other young ones under foot was enough to try the little bit of patience I had left.  Now the 7 and 9 year olds want to have a sleepover and I'm just not sure I can handle it as I am so tired and sore from all of the time spent in the car.  I've had a headache all day (I think from the stress of trying to see the lines on the icy road and avoid all of the other cars.  Naturally it's the holiday weekend and all of the skiers with their brand new 4WD's were on the road.  I wish they would learn that just because they have 4WD it doesn't make them invincible.  I have 4WD and it was all I could do to keep from sliding all over at 30 mph, and some of these fools were passing me at 60 mph.  Saw several of them spun out in the snow banks as we passed them later.

I think I will go to bed early tonight....

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 9:57 PM | Locked
Hi Agnes, I'm not sure we've met met yet. I love the florals and the solids in your rug mugs. They're cute, practical and don't have to be big to be appreciated. Your care and quality work show. Hugs, Donna in Oregon
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 27,245
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 9:58 PM | Locked

Kris:

I completed my "WInter Wonderland" top. I'm off to bed now but will begin quilting it later when I'm back on this side of the world.

I took a photo but the lighting was poor so the colours are off. Will get a better photo after it's quilted (and I have daylight):

Kris this is fantastic, such a wonderful job.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,552
Points 377,017
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 10:04 PM | Locked

Marsha-SM:
Kris, this top must have been fun to do with all the different blocks.  Your embroidery is beautiful.

Thanks Agnes,

it was fun. I made the pieced blocks in two weekends. The embroidery I took to work with me and I got some of it done at the retreat in Washington.

My needle just broke so I'm taking a break from quilting. I'm halfway there.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,715
Nana replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 10:12 PM | Locked

Kris

I love your Winter Wonderland quilt.  I knew after seeing the embroidery blocks at retreat that it was going to be stunning.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna replied on Sat, Dec 22 2012 10:29 PM | Locked
Wow, Karla! You've had a busy and grueling few days! I've lived in that area and know about winter driving conditions, and waiting, waiting, waiting for 50 or 80 to reopen. I'm so glad you made it home safely. You're right about those 4WDers thinking they have no need to carry chains or slow down. I was more than happy to pull over and let them by. At least you were able to keep busy with some sewing while waiting on your husband. I hope he and his dentist are pleased with his implants. And I hope your headache has passed and you're well rested by the time you read this. I know what it's like to have little ones running around when mom and dad are gone. It made me feel old trying to keep up with them when they were toddlers. Now they're teenagers and live in Visalia and I haven't seen them since June. I sure miss do them, especially this time of year. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work and getting to know you a bit better. Quilty hugs, Donna in Oregon
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 5:59 AM | Locked

Karla, I think you need a long vacation, by yourself, you are way to busy all the time, it sounds like you have no time for yourself.    get some rest  (((HUGS)))))

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 712
Points 13,485
Michelle replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 7:49 AM | Locked

I love your apron! This is so beautiful. She is going to love wearing it. I have been making aprons this last few months, between quilting. Using a pair of old jeans, you get 2 aprons out of each pair. The legs make the apron and I cut the pockets out of the back to put on the aprons, then trim in fun colors. I even tried a bit of embroidery on the ones I made for Christmas. I will try to figure out how to post pics on this site. 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,084
Points 251,844
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 8:00 AM | Locked

Elizabeth ,I love the aparon. very pretty .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,595
Points 75,910
Karla replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 9:34 AM | Locked

Leslie :

Karla, I think you need a long vacation, by yourself, you are way to busy all the time, it sounds like you have no time for yourself.    get some rest  (((HUGS)))))

My vacation is going to be my trip to Branson in March.  This weekend's drive in the snow was just practice for the drive I'll be making from Nevada to Missouri in February/March.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,715
Nana replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 2:15 PM | Locked

My first quilting since surgery.  Boy did it feel good even though it was down and dirty style...LOL.

Table topper made from wildlife panel with turkey fabric on the back.  Crosshatch quilting.

And 4 mug rugs made from leftover panel pieces.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 2:49 PM | Locked

Way to go Nana,  glad to see you're getting your mojo back!  But do remember, to take it nice and easy there girl...lol!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 2:59 PM | Locked

I do have one quilt in progress( still) for a Christmas gift, but since they will not be here until next weekend, I have a few extra days to get it finished.  In the meantime, I have finished a few "other" things.  Some of you may remember the "hunky guy" fabric...  I did an apron and matching potholders for my granddaughter who just moved into her first apartment on her own.  Thought it will be a big surprise for her to get it from her grandmother...lol!  

I also have been sewing fabric and upholstery trims on bath-towels to make "fancy" guest towels for family gifts:

Those Costco towels are wonderful!  Put a pair of the bath-towels, a set of hand-towels & washcloths together,gussy them up a bit and you have a very nice gift.  (I only took a picture of one of each of the bath-towels...to fit in the picture.)

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,552
Points 377,017
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 3:04 PM | Locked

Elizabeth:
 I made this fun apron for my sister for Christmas.

It's so cute. Nice work Elizabeth.

Page 167 of 252 (3778 items) « First ... < Previous 165 166 167 168 169 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use